Upgrade to Chess.com Premium!

Old TV Shows

• 2 years ago · Quote · #101

AndyClifton

Here's an obscure one that quite possibly nobody will remember:

• 2 years ago · Quote · #102

cabadenwurt

Thanks for all of the posts. Yes Greenacres was a cute show ( the pig was funny too ). Another old TV show from way back is " You Bet Your Life " with Groucho Marx. AndyClifton do you remember who was in that series that you showed the photo of ?   

• 2 years ago · Quote · #103

cabadenwurt

Speaking earlier of people like Groucho showing up on TV in the early years another show came to mind. Dean Martin had his own TV show ( and a good one ) but later he also hosted the Dean Martin Roasts. If one want to see a variety of Stars from years ago one needs to check out these Roasts many of which are up on Youtube. 

• 2 years ago · Quote · #104

AndyClifton

Yes, Angel was created by I Love Lucy alum Jess Oppenheimer, and starred Annie Farge (that last name pronounced as 2 syllables, a la the French) as the title character, with Marshall Thompson (later to star in Daktari) as her husband.  Also on hand were Doris Singleton (who had played Carolyn Appleby opposite Lucy) and Don Keefer as Doris' husband.  The show was sometimes described as "Ricky Ricardo with a French accent," and was indeed fairly cute in places.  There are btw a few full episodes up for viewing on YouTube.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #105

AndyClifton

My generation's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle:

• 2 years ago · Quote · #106

cabadenwurt

Thanks for the info AndyClifton. Somehow I had missed that " Angel " series years ago. The " Daktari " show was very popular up here and I liked to watch it also. Another series that came to mind recently was the " My Favourite Martian ", the late Bill Bixby was one of the stars of that show.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #107

AndyClifton

The original intro for The Outer Limits:

• 2 years ago · Quote · #108

AndyClifton

I loved Daktari when I was a kid.  That and Flipper! lol

• 2 years ago · Quote · #109

AndyClifton

The show was actually at first going to be called that...but then they deemed that that was too scary (in the era of the Cuban Missile Crisis), so they changed it to OL.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #110

clms_chess

With apologies if I missed a post where this show has already been mentioned but one of my favorites was Wild Wild West with Robert Conrad. 20 something years ago while living on campus in college I remember part of our routine late night was watching Star Trek then Wild Wild West... then study... then go to bed..lol

• 2 years ago · Quote · #111

AndyClifton

I used to go to bed, then study (heehee!).

• 2 years ago · Quote · #112

clms_chess

AndyClifton wrote:

I used to go to bed, then study (heehee!).

lol

• 2 years ago · Quote · #113

clms_chess

chubbychocobo wrote:

i can still remember the name ross martin :-)

There you go! I havent seen that show for at least a decade... thanks chubby!

• 2 years ago · Quote · #114

cabadenwurt

Thanks for all of the recent posts. " Flipper " is another show that was quite popular up here, I also liked " Wild Wild West ", good plot-lines in that one. Then of course we come to the late Robert Stack as Elliot Ness in " The Untouchables ". Any remakes that they have tried to make of that show pale in comparison to Stack's performance. 

• 2 years ago · Quote · #115

clms_chess

snakewit wrote:

Any other performance of Stack's pales in comparison to this one

That is absolutely a classic... and Im a man of faith. LOL Too funny!

• 2 years ago · Quote · #116

cabadenwurt

Thanks for the posts. I was at one time used to seeing Robert Stack on TV each week so I tend to think of him mainly from  his role there. Of course he had other roles as well but to me he is Elliot Ness  lol.  

• 2 years ago · Quote · #117

SquareDealer

On Mission Impossible, I thought Martin Landau was replaced by Peter Graves (brother of James Arness of Gunsmoke fame).

• 2 years ago · Quote · #118

SquareDealer

Mr. and Mrs. North, Sea Hunt

• 2 years ago · Quote · #119

Javan64

SquareDealer wrote:

On Mission Impossible, I thought Martin Landau was replaced by Peter Graves (brother of James Arness of Gunsmoke fame).

Nah, Leonard Nimoy replaced Martin Landau, while Peter Graves replaced Stephen Hill (the DA on Law & Order).

• 2 years ago · Quote · #120

cabadenwurt

Thanks for the recent posts and also for the photos, we are getting more great old shows there. 

Post your reply: