Forums

Old TV Shows

Sort:
1pawndown

Anybody recall a program called " The Guns of Will Sonnet" with Walter Brennan ? His recurring line was "No brag, just fact." 

SquareDealer

@1pawn - yeh, just barely tho.

SquareDealer

I can't resist.

"Have Gun Will Travel" reads the card of a man

A knight without armor in a savage land

His fast gun for hire is a glowing wind

A soldier of fortune is a man called

Paladin

Paladin, Paladin, where will you roam?

Paladin, Paladin, far, far from home.

cabadenwurt

Thanks for all of the posts. Yes there were some very interesting theme songs for TV shows over the years. Another Western with a nice theme was " Rawhide " which of course had a young Clint Eastwood in the series. Also the instrumental theme used for " Bonanza " was a very lively number.

SquareDealer

I saw a varitety show, I think it was, which that evening was featuring several Bonanza cast members. They sang the Bonanza theme. I only remember the very first few lines:

Anyone that fights with any one of us

Bonanaza!

Anyone that fights with any one of us

He's gotta fight with me!

SquareDealer

Rollin' rollin' rollin'

Though the streams are swollen

Keep them dogies rollin'

Rawhide!

[Something, something] leather

[Something, something] weather

Are waitin' at the end of my ride.

Head 'em up! move 'em out! move 'em out! ride 'em in!

Head 'em up, move 'em out, Rawhide!

Ride 'em in! ride 'em out! Ride 'em in! Ride 'em out! 

Ride 'em in, Rawhide!

To the best of my memory. And wasn't that Mario Lanza singing?

SquareDealer

Nope, now that I think it, it was Frankie Laine. (???)

cabadenwurt

Thanks for the posts SquareDealer. I'm afraid that I'm also in the dark about the singer of the theme for " Rawhide ". Years ago somebody told me that it was the elderly gent who played the cook on that show but I'm not sure about that, it was a performer with a very strong voice tho  lol.

SquareDealer

Who is the tall dark stranger there?

Maverick is his name

Riding the trail to who knows where

Luck is his companion

Gambling is his game.

Riverboat ring your bell!

[Something that rhymes with bell]!

Luck is the lady that he loves the best

Natchez to New Orleans

Livin on jacks and queens

Maverick is the legend of the west

Maverick is the legent of the west

cabadenwurt

Thanks for all of the info SquareDealer, you certainly are up to date on TV themes. Being a fan of Comedies and also Bluegrass music the theme for the Beverly Hillbillies was another one that I liked.

SquareDealer

Come on and listen to a story 'bout a man named Jed

Cabadenwurt you asked for it! (Wait! What about that show You Asked For It?) Speaking of comedy themes, required singing is theme from Gilligans Island.

SquareDealer

The Lone Ranger, Roy Rodgers, The Cisco Kid. Yancy Derringer, Bat Masterson. The Bat Masterson series was based on a real man of the same name who was a sports writer (Boston?) by trade. I understand that when he tired of the west he went back east and resumed his sports writing career.

SquareDealer

Everybody knows Roy Rodgers was a real guy. Some say the Lone Ranger was based on the career of a man named Bass Reeves.

SquareDealer

There may be some few out there who don't know that Chuck Conners (the Rifleman) pitched in the majors.

goldendog

Did you know there was an episode of The Rifleman in which chess was featured prominently?

If you can get hulu:

http://www.hulu.com/watch/94353#x-0

kco
[COMMENT DELETED]
kco
goldendog wrote:

Did you know there was an episode of The Rifleman in which chess was featured prominently?

If you can get hulu:

very funny, "only for the US viewers"

SquareDealer

I watched and enjoyed Blake's 7, but fair disclosure, I'm a member of the group by that name. Here's two old shows, not necessarily good, and not necessarily sci-fi either. My Favorite Martian, and The Jetsons. Wait! Anybody remember Fireball XL 5?

goldendog
kco wrote:
goldendog wrote:

If you can get hulu:

very funny, "only for the US viewers"

You might be able to get in via a US proxy?

e4nf3

Here, I just got this in an email from a cousin whom I haven't seen in over 50 years. Thing is, I remember Kate Smith well. She could "belt them out"!.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnQDW-NMaRs