Forums

The Beatles or The Rolling Stones or who ? ( or even the Who ? )

Sort:
electricpawn

electricpawn

HessianWarrior

Great song EP, I'm used to hearing "Living Loving Maid" after it with no pause. Why the radio stations did that I don't know.                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5Xf0N9Juko

"Dazed and Confused"- Led Zeppelin     I love the guitar and drums smoking in the middle.

electricpawn

To me, Led Zeppelin is among the very best rock bands. Every bit an equal of The Who, for example.

AndyClifton
Cystem_Phailure wrote:
Do you realize Parton has penned more than 3000 songs?  She's one of those people that records so much material herself that a lot of people don't realize how many songs she's got out there that were performed by other artists.

She's also a remarkable performer/personality.  She is one of those exceedingly few people who have the ability to seem completely glamorous and completely down-to-earth at the same time (the only others that readily come to mind are Cher and Audrey Hepburn).

Here she is having a little fun in a duet with a most funky ditty indeed from the early 70s:

Javan64

Jim Stafford!  He came up with some interesting & unique songs, like "My Girl Bill,"  "I Ain't Sharin' Sharon," "Wildwood Weed," or "Cow Patti," among others.

cabadenwurt

Everyone Thanks for all of the recent posts and also for the good info. I've got to update a post from a couple of days ago where my memory had a little blip and a error crept into my facts and we must strive for accuracy  lol. When we were talking about Cars I had mentioned the V8 Porsche model which is actually known as the 928S4 with a 5.0 liter motor of 316 HP.  

AndyClifton

Some other Cars you may enjoy:

AndyClifton
Javan64 wrote:

Jim Stafford!  He came up with some interesting & unique songs, like "My Girl Bill"...

Ah yes, the all-important comma... Smile

William's hands were shaking

as he took his glass of wine

(heehee!)

cabadenwurt

Yes Cystem_Phailure I like Dolly Parton's Music very much. To try to name a Favourite would be difficult, " Coat Of Many Colours " is one and " Joleene " as well, so many good songs tho. She is one of a kind what with writing and singing plus acting as well. 

AndyClifton

And doncha dare forget this one!

AndyClifton

And of course here's the original (written, if I'm remembering right, by the guitarist):

cabadenwurt

Thanks for the info AndyClifton. Another beautiful performance by Dolly, I also luv her version of " Muleskinner Blues ".

Javan64, Thanks for reminding me about Jim Stafford, he had some funny stuff on the charts  lol.

cabadenwurt

Just speaking of Jim Stafford now reminded of another singer who had funny songs on the go, Ray Stevens. Who can forget " Ahab The Arab " and " Guitarzan " and of course many others.

AndyClifton

Like this, quite possibly the greatest novelty song ever (this interestingly is a live version for a British TV show...as you have justly noted, cabadenwurt, there is no end to the musical riches available on YouTube!):

cabadenwurt

Yes I luv that Ray Stevens song as well AndyClifton plus I just remembered another good one that he had out. It was a song about a young fellow that keeps making odd phone calls to the same girl, might be called " Hello Margret " ?

At this time I guess that I should give out some important advice on safety to the visitors to this thread: " You Can't Rollerskate In A Buffalo Herd "  lol. Rodger Miller also had some cute songs out.    

cabadenwurt

Thanks for the info Electricpawn.With all of these good Artists being mentioned my mind went back to the middle 1970s and the Don Kirschner's Rock Concerts. I may have messed up the name but I remember that he had most of the big acts on his show. It was on late-night TV on Saturdays and when I was on the evening shift at work I would rush home to catch the programs.   

cabadenwurt

Also as you confirmed AndyClifton there is truly a lot of good stuff on Youtube. I like quite a variety of different types of music and I'm overwhelmed when I go to Youtube to look around. Also I've got a thread going on Machines and again it is hard for me to get away from Youtube when I'm in there. Plus I'm a History buff as well and Youtube covers that area of interest as well ( an embarrassment of riches I guess  lol ).   

cabadenwurt

HessianWarrior you mentioned Led Zeppelin with some good guitar work and I thought back to " Hotel California " by The Eagles, another song that I like very much.

Javan64

Could someone please tell me how to insert YouTube links into posts here?