Forums

What would you do if you knew that today was your last day to live or the world was going to end?

Sort:
1chessking

Simple question: What would you do if you knew that today was your last day to live or the world was going to end today?

There's got to be someone out there who would do something eccentric!

Skwerly

I'd probably play chess all day, then curl up with a good book at night and hope the fear didn't get the best of me.

sasuke13

i wuld first go to confession then tell the girl  i like my feelings then kiss her and then live on the extreme till i dies

1chessking

I would probably to the girl i like, and hang out with her for the rest of the day.  And hang out with my family if they aren't doing something else.

shadowslayer

Rent a crap lead of books, buy a crap load of CD's, write my will, then sit down; read, rock out. And wait.
Oh and talk to my crush; yeah right...

Simple life, simple death.

winevalley

chess, drugs, music, sex           in that order

1chessking
rich wrote:

I'd spend it with some people I like, and my family, have my last chess game with my uncle, then go fishing all day.

very admirable

1chessking
ninja_expert wrote:

chess, drugs, music, sex           in that order

interesting.  I would have thought sex would have been first...  No matter.  Glad chess is up there.

1chessking
rich wrote:

Your weird,

Who?

hd_thoreau

How is it that you die?

Or how does the world end?

The answer lies in the question

hd_thoreau

You have just proved my point
But I will not argue with a child

If I were to die today of a heart attack, then I would make amends and enjoy the last hours of my life (with a cup of coffee of course)

If "the world was going to end", then I would try to survive as long as possibe in said cataclysmic event, and hopefully aid in the reconstruction of civilization.
If not, then I would try to die as quickly as possibe *without resorting to suicide.

hd_thoreau

Not the thought of it dear, but the way I am going to die. Personally I would prefer a quiet death, but who knows?

So rich, I assume you mean the tea version of it. I'm glad you enjoy tea, it is much healthier than coffee, not to mention that it has less caffeine! Sadly, I am in no position to drink fresh tea, but no matter.

Actually now that you mention it, some banana nut bread would go great with a mocha latte.

lukeo20

i would spend the entire day with everyone i love

Gerik

My final day would be spent with my close friends and family. The thought of death doesnt frighten me in the slightest.

Let's just play chess, I'm to young to die. A nice bottle of whisky would be nice tho.

jpd303

death scares the crap out of me personally, but if the world was going to end in 24hrs i would go back to my home town spend time with my father and best friends, make love to my wife as many times as possible, smoke a load of left-handed cigarettes, stop in a church to thank the lord that i had 24hrs notice and squeeze in a few last games of chess all while listening to my favorite band, TOOL. 

ringwraith10

I would conduct ritual sacrifices on life setenced prisoners, murderers, serial killers, etc. to please the gods.

Maybe then Doomsday would be stopped.

alicesussex

I would murder the guy that started this thread.

ringwraith10

Doomsday is such an intriguing topic to think about.

What if Yellowstone explodes tomorrow?

What if an asteroid slams into the earth at tens of thousands of miles?

hd_thoreau
Ringwraith2021 wrote:

I would conduct ritual sacrifices on life setenced prisoners, murderers, serial killers, etc. to please the gods.

Maybe then Doomsday would be stopped.

http://www.mayaindian.com/greene/maya_FAQ_ans17.htm

You must wait until the planets align, then at the summit of Mount Kanchenjunga you must initiate the ritual

...A little dark humor, of course