Forums

Question about upgrading account

Sort:
adamplenty

Hi,

If I decide to upgrade my account to Platinum or Diamond, will I have to pay the whole lot again or just the difference?

OldHastonian

Just the difference...you can see how much credit you have towards the upgrade by clicking on HOME---Account

adamplenty

That's a relief. If I had to pay the whole lot again I should have gone straight to Diamond!

Thanks

homernh

If you want to switch temporarily, though, you can't switch back to gold without paying more.  I did that for a couple days when I was home and wanted to do more than 25 TT problems a day.

If you've bought a year of gold, then switch to diamond for a day for some videos or something, you can use your, say, $25 credit toward the monthly price of diamond.  No problems.  But then if you want switch back, you have to pay whatever extra to buy a whole year of gold again.   Just a heads up.

adamplenty

So basically it's not worth downgrading? (not that I intend to Smile)

homernh

They promote temporary switching in the welcome emails, but don't explain it quite so fully.  So I thought I'd share what I learned.

"I also wanted to explain one thing about memberships based on a question I frequently hear - you can upgrade or downgrade at ANY TIME without losing any of your membership credit. So if you wanted to temporarily upgrade to a Diamond Membership for one month (or even for a day) so you could watch a video or do some Chess Mentor lessons, you can do that. Then you could downgrade and your remaining credit is applied to your new membership"