Forums

Tell Us Why You Are a Premium Member

Sort:
dahal32

Somebody was kind enough to have hope enough for me to be a great chess player. So, I am here, writing my script so that I can thank uncle bob (@GhostNight) for letting me experience the exhilarating feeling of being one of the most expensive members in this site. The video section feels like that I have hundreds of hours of classes with chess masters around the world and I feel quite proud that I have thousands of games in my fingertips :-P.

P.S.: sorry, no video cam available. Talk about my crappy cellphone!

ChessisGood

Is this still going on?

apawndown

My motive for signing on was greed! After a month or so,  I got tired of being limited to 3 tactical positions a day to work on!  (Especially frustrating when you 'flunk' the last one!) So I decided to get a membership, and I'm very glad I did.

I love the playing, and, of course the tactics training.  And it's relaxing and fun to spend an hour here and there reading through forum topics.  Overall, Chess.com is very user-friendly,  a big plus for a technical 'patzer' like me.

But what I'm enjoying most of all these days are the videos.  I feel like I'm learning the game 'fresh and new.'  (Despite a couple of 'breaks' each lasting several years, I've been at this game for 55 years, as player, organizer, TD,  school coach.)   I enjoy the different personalities,  and the varying styles they bring to their presentations. I can 'follow instructions' and pause the videos to do some analysis.  Or I can just relax and let the presenter do the work.  Either way the videos are a lot of fun as well as a good workout for an aging brain.  So congratulations to everyone involved for a great job with these videos!   

StMichealD

I became a premium member is mainly because I thought this site was the BEST chess website ever and because All the premium member things were so attractive!

It's Time to Upgrade to Unlimited Access on Chess.com!

Upgrade today for unlimited Chess.com! What are you waiting for?! We know how much you love Chess.com! For pennies per day you can get access to more features, more games, more training, and more fun!

Signup Today!
Most Popular!
Diamond

Unlimited access to all

Chess.com features!

• CA$14
    /month

• CA$98
    /year

Save 40%!
Platinum

Access to many features!

• CA$7
    /month

• CA$49
    /year

Gold

The basic perks

• CA$5
    /month

• CA$29
    /year

• "My overall game improved a ton after I became a Premium Member"

-Lou, NJ Member since 2009
  • "Tactics Trainer and Chess Mentor really help my chess skills"

-Peter Member since 2011
 DiamondPlatinumGold
Video Lessons
Unlimited
Chess Mentor Online Training
Unlimited
Computer Analysis of Games
Unlimited 25 /week
Chess.com TV - Live Shows
Unlimited Unlimited
Openings & Game Explorer
Unlimited Unlimited
Tactics Trainer
Unlimited Unlimited 25 /day
Live Tournaments
Unlimited Unlimited 3 /day
Turn-Based Tournaments
Unlimited Unlimited 10 /time
Performance Stats
Full (all members) Full (all members) Self Only

Plus:

All Premium Plans Include

These Great Features

• No Ads
  • Auto Time-out Protection
  • Custom Themes
  • Games/Video on Profile
  • Vacation Time
  • Computer Workout
  • Vote Chess
  • 3D Boards and Pieces
  • Private Forums
  • Interactive Maps
  • Games Archive
  • Groups and Teams
  • Faster Load Times
  • Premium Member Icon
  • Support Chess.com

Frequently Asked Questions

• How can I signup if I don't have a credit card?

If you don't have a credit card you can use the PayPal option on the checkout page. You can also send a check or money order to Chess.com, PO Box 60400, Palo Alto, CA 94306.

• What if I want to just try a plan? Can I cancel it or change it for any reason?

Yes. Take a plan for a test drive and if you’re not satisfied for any reason, you can get a full refund for up to 30 days. No questions asked. If you just want to switch to a different plan you can do so at any time in your "Membership" settings without any penalties.

• How can I upgrade, downgrade, or change plans?

You can change plans any time without losing your membership credit! Simply choose your new plan and your existing membership credit will be applied to your new membership plan.

• Will I really get better at chess?

Yes. With a premium plan, you will get access to the best chess training tools available. Our internal studies show that premium members are able to improve their game much faster than regular members. Whether you're a beginner or an expert, a premium membership will help take your game to the next level.

• How do these compare to the free plan?

With a free plan you can play live and turn-based chess, but you get very limited access to tactics trainer, tournaments, videos, and other training resources and membership benefits. To make free plans possible, ads are displayed throughout the site for free members.

• How do I get a free trial?

You actually don't need a free trial – all memberships include a 30-day money-back no-questions-asked guarantee! So signup now and get started. We do also offer no-money-down free trials, but those are only offered occasionally to random accounts.

• Will my plan also upgrade my iPhone, iPad, or Android app?

Yes. The plan you choose here will sync with your mobile apps so you can enjoy our mobile premium features like Videos, Tactics Trainer, and Computer Workouts (and no ads).

• I'd like to give a Gift Membership to someone. How can I do that?

To give a gift membership simply click here and you can upgrade some else's account. That's really nice of you!

• I have more questions about memberships. Where can I ask questions?

No problem – we're here to answer your questions! Click here to contact our support staff and we'll get back to you as soon as possible!

so i tried it and It is just plain AWSOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
thanks for creating this great website!
Keep up the fantastic work!!
it improved my chess so much in only a month!
bronsteinitz

I believe in rewarding people that produce great stuff. So my answer is : I am a diamond member of chess.com because the team is worth it !

gaereagdag

I went Premium for the fantastic videos.

Oh, and the forums. Here I can tell jokes about Bobby Fischer looking like a wookie.

azziralc

I am premium because of the tactics trainer. Solving 25 puzzles a day really is enough.

GhostNight

Was going to post this message Under General chess, but after reading this  you may feel it is best placed here!

After joining chess.com it took only a few months and I decided diamond was for me! Why???   I decided or should I say realized just playing chess is not going to improve my ability in the real chess world, for three reasons.

1.live chess is just too fast for me 30min.

2.OLC which you have three days to make your move, and you can go over your moves on the analyzer, also look at book openings, makes even a beginner player look pretty good in the openings?

3.Last but most hurting is individuals that use outside assistance to make their moves! And all the chess sites have this problem!

So I have found that all the training tools we have available especially at Diamond level is helpful in trying to improve ones chess that playing games is wasting time when one can be studying, and taking advantage of this great chess site has to offer. Actually what I am saying if there was no chessplaying here I would still be here for the learning/improving benifits. I know I sound crazy its just me how i feel. And not to forget some of the great heads/chess people that are here, their imput is most enjoyable to hear from and educational, like the person that said check out the book, "Silmans Complete Endgame Course". So when I play live OTB chess I can see the improvement, and they also commented I am getting harder to beat. Thats my story HTH

Ruby-Fischer

I was lured in by the video's. Unless you are a diamond member you can only watch for a few minutes.

Some great vids! Still waiting for my rating to improve though. :(

bronsteinitz
[COMMENT DELETED]
Conflagration_Planet
bronsteinitz wrote:

I thought it was a great site, but recent events are changing my mind. When chess is seen more important than the members, then you are on the wrong path. Hope the management thinks about this because I am on the point to go play elsewhere. Quite an accomplishment to disappoint a positive like me in 4 months time,,,

Since when did the staff imply that chess is more important than people?

Admiral_Kirk

Sounds like an interesting project. I'll make a video this weekend.

vowles_23

1. No ads
2. Tactics trainer
3. Support a great website
4. Access my own and others' games
5. Tournaments

red-lady

He gave it to me (neglecting himself)

Admiral_Kirk

1. Being able to create groups and tournaments

2. Unlimited live Chess Tournaments

3. more conditional moves.

PhillyDog1964

Being a premium member is the only way to go. I can engage in the use of the tactics trainer, chess mentor, and videos all within a short period of time on a daily basis. Since I am retired now it is my dream come true. I can play chess as much as I want. I can play tournaments, speed chess, online, and with everyone around the world at anytime on chess.com. I have loved chess since I was a kid, and being a premium member on chess.com is a dream come true. It's the only way to go!

68briwillo

I don't want to make a video and i don't expect anything for free. I am a Diamond member. I didn't hesitate joining chess.com as a diamond member because chess.com is an awesome place to play and learn. i like all the features chess.com offers and i also want to contribute to the site for the simple fact that i know it is expensive for the owners to supply all these wonderful features. 

xBuddy

Games Archive, Unlimited Tactics trainer, No Ads, Vacation mode under Turn based chess. Stats etc.

MSteen

OK, I'm sure it's WAY too late to make and submit a video, but I probably wouldn't anyway.

But here's why I became a member: I first came here just for the forums, but as I began to explore the site a little more, I discovered dozens of features that made other chess sites pale in comparison. The comprehensive instructional videos, the tactics trainer, the chess mentor, online chess, the games database and more just made any other website look sad. Plus, the interface is SOOOO easy to work with. I used to belong to ICC, and I have to say that that site confused me so badly that I ended up doing nothing but playing games--which chess.com offers for free anyway.

Another reason I became a member is that my interests in chess vary widely. Sometimes I want to play slow or fast games, at others I want to read the latest news in the world of chess. Or maybe I just want to relax with a video or spend 15 minutes trying (and failing) to solve tactical puzzles. Or maybe I just want to put in my two cents in some thread on the forums.  No matter what I'm in the mood for, chess.com offers somenting for the moment.

Finally, I became a member because it's an amazing site and deserves to be supported. I only wish NPR could have a graduated list of services like this--you know, basic members get classical music, gold members get "All Things Considered," platinum members get "Car Talk" and "Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me," and diamond members get "Prairie Home Companion." The membership drives would sign up people by the THOUSANDS.

ashikuzzaman

video lessons!