Sort:
Trapper4

I want to learn my openings more and Tactics Trainer! Smile

batgirl

Diamonds are a girl's best friend.

Conflagration_Planet

Tomorrow's my last day of it.

MrHatRules

I stumbled onto Chess.com by accident, tried it for about a month and found it to be awesome! I had to become a premium member...it was not even a choice. I don't have the time to dedicate for OTB tournaments or for regular chess club play, so this place was perfect for me. It's also a good place to compete with such a wide variety of people from all over the world. I can't say enough good things about it!

Frittles

I pay for the videos.

Conflagration_Planet

Today's my last day of it.

Teja

With all features at hand, chess.com is as addicting as chess. In fact, more. 

kshc027

Being a premium member allows player to use chess.com's features for improvement as well as other features.

weamy

i had invited a person to chess.com and he became a premium member so i became a premium member

pawnsolo2

Cool

I became one close to five years ago because I believe in free markets not free material, but I'll not be paying you anymore after my membership ends this year. And not because I can no longer afford it.  The dollar has spoken. 

Conflagration_Planet
pawnsolo2 wrote:

I became one close to five years ago because I believe in free markets not free material, but I'll not be paying you anymore after my membership ends this year. And not because I can no longer afford it.  The dollar has spoken. 

Why?

pawnsolo2

A ridiculous frigid sense of morality and censorship. Deleting posts that are on edge but harmless without communicating about it, therefor not offering a service that is worth paying for if one can get the gist of it for free. Personally  I don't use most of the options one receives when opting to give this company money, so why bother if I am not satisfied with managements approach. It is kind of like shipping product. If I don't like UPS, there is always Fed Express. Who ever offers the best service will receive my business. They both make plenty of money so in the end neither ones top management really cares about individual one on one relations.  But my penny saved is no longer their penny earned. 

Conflagration_Planet
pawnsolo2 wrote:

A ridiculous frigid sense of morality and censorship. Deleting posts that are on edge but harmless without communicating about it, therefor not offering a service that is worth paying for if one can get the gist of it for free. Personally  I don't use most of the options one receives when opting to give this company money, so why bother if I am not satisfied with managements approach. It is kind of like shipping product. If I don't like UPS, there is always Fed Express. Who ever offers the best service will receive my business. They both make plenty of money so in the end neither ones top management really cares about individual one on one relations.  But my penny saved is no longer their penny earned. 

Makes sense.

baddogno

Diamond membership....$100.  Beating your Russian neighbor at chess.....priceless.

pawnsolo2

Indeed. It is unfortunate. But as I juxtapose the  removal of content (which is part of the overall experience of this site) from groups by staff and not by admins, with an incident about three years ago in the open discussion group, where a member there made continual threats against me and they allowed it to go on and on until it was evident he would not cease and desist before finally reprimanding him I decided this is the best coarse for me. It's not like I'm one of the members here who acts without decorum on a regular basis. So though I won't be able to play as many games I know that they are after all, only games.  My Dodge Durango had air conditioning issues, I took it to the dealership garage for repairs, they charged a boat load of money and failed to fix it, then wanted to charge me even more for more work. I told them to piss off and I'll never buy a Dodge again. I still drive it, it is after all already paid for. Anyway, nuff said. 

nameno1had

I clicked the wrong link trying to see how much it costs to be a premium member and my credit card was billed. I am glad though.

nameno1had
Teja wrote:

With all features at hand, chess.com is as addicting as chess. In fact, more. 

I concur and so does my sometimes angry wife....

pie314271
[COMMENT DELETED]
PurpleHelix

I don't want to make a video nor do I want to be used for advertising purposes.

I really enjoy the tactics trainer on the Ipad app - and my son loves doing them too. (I do wish we could keep separate scores since I'm curious how my rating improves.)

I also wanted to analyze me games with a computer, since I haven't been playing elsewhere but here its really convenient to have the feature available to paying members. 

I don't have much time available for chess though, and I have only watched a single video even if I thought that was the reason I wanted to go premium. I'm sure they are great, but I just don't seem to have time as chess is only one of my hobbies.

Come to think of it the diamond membership is probably not the best one for me. 12 euros / month is way too much and with the Plat membership I'd get almost everything I need as I doub't I'll play 25 games per week... 

Don't get me wrong though, I love this site and I've had a great time playing here and my opponents have been real nice (with the exception of someone who timed down instead of surrendering when it was clear he was beaten). So I'm glad to support this site and do prefer to not have any ads displayed.

DrFrank124c

The videos. Normally a lesson with a grandmaster would cost $100.00 or more. Here we get hundreds of lessons for the same hundred dollars. Also the computer analysis and the online tournaments are very helpful.