Forums

Tell Us Why You Are a Premium Member

Sort:
jargonaught

videos, mentor, and helping out the chess community.

FirestormYT

I don't have a video either. Anyway, I got gold membership because

1: I get to do more Chess Mentor lessons and Tactics Trainer problems

2: I want to support the website because I use it everyday.

pdkang

Danny Rensch's videos and the nonsense stream of gibberish that comes out of his mouth is entertainment that cannnot be found elsewhere.

Knipfer

I don't have a video, but I can explain why I have a diamond membership:

1.) Daniel Rensch's videos are the best of the best with humor and much education as far as how a higher rated player thinks

2.) Tactics Trainer is extremely useful and get's you thinking accurately, espeically before you play a game

3.) I'm on the site everyday, why not support it?

Ubik42

I dont use the site facilities that much, in my case its mostly a bribe to the staff so they don't boot me for endless trolling.

It seems to have worked so far, I mean, my account has never been suspended suddenly without any wa

cdowis75

I just love Chess Mentor.  I often go through a lesson, and then find an immediate idea for a current game.  Explorer helps to avoid bluders in the opening that can ruin the entire game from the very beginning.

If the opponent makes a move outside the norm, I look carefully on how that move is weak and how to take advantage of it.

I feel that if I am serious about chess, I have to be a premium member.

Bobbarooski

Unlimited Tactics Trainer.  My pattern recognition skills have improved quite a bit.

Ubik42

There is a secret cabal of mods who intentionally cause people to lose rating points if they run around claiming they are premium members when they really arent.

qwerzxcvki

I am a member because I'm terrible at chess, and I have money problems....

NicePatzer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqqDzNoZTaM

msor

fun

cdowis75

The videos are great!  Shows me what a master is thinking and planning when he looks at a position.  Been doing that only for about a month and it has really been helpful.

RLopez05

I think the unlimited tactic puzzles are a great way to improve your tactical vision. I also play a lot on my phone with the app which performs better when there are no advertisements. I like the videos because I always learn something new.

joe_nicol

It's an amazing website and so cheap for what you get, by far one of my best investments and will always support them :) go chess.com! Whoop woop :)

qscwer11

اخبارك

ChessFanatic95

I like chess a lot and have two months too much time on my hand (between college sems) So I figured why not?! The Instructional videos are what I like about my membership the most. Oh and the live analysis too.

socraticdismantler

The videos are why I became a premium member.

uri65

1) I wanted to support people who keep this wonderful site going.

2) Chess mentor. Very nice, innovative and well structured method of learning.

3) Chess videos. I was never big fun of them and always preferred books. But I have to admit that videos with commented games and strategy are very helpful and motivating.

4) Auto-timeout protection. I've never timed out a game and usually play quite fast. But from time to time a break is needed and auto-timeout protection is a very convenient way to take vacation "right now" (contrary to normal vacation where you have to ensure that it is not your move in any of your games).

5) Possibility to upgrade/downgrade membership at any moment. I didn't know this was possible when I've signed for diamond membership. But now I find it very useful as my availability and motivation are not always same.

PLAVIN81

I get more from Chess.com=Also I am suporting this websiteSmile

SnatchPato

Are you guys still looking for more of these?