Upgrade to Chess.com Premium!

Why limit tournament size and computer analysis?

• 5 years ago · Quote · #1

WindowsEnthusiast

Why are platinum and diamond members still limited to 100-player tournaments and diamond members to 100-game computer analysis? There seems to be no reason for the first because Chess.com's official tournaments have hundreds (often over a thousand) players! The second point is not too rational because people rarely reach the 100 limit, unless there's a lot of live chess.

• 5 years ago · Quote · #2

arthurdavidbert

Windows-7_ wrote:

Why are platinum and diamond members still limited to 100-player tournaments and diamond members to 100-game computer analysis? There seems to be no reason for the first because Chess.com's official tournaments have hundreds (often over a thousand) players! The second point is not too rational because people rarely reach the 100 limit, unless there's a lot of live chess.

Any organization needs limits.

• 5 years ago · Quote · #3

WindowsEnthusiast

arthurdavidbert wrote:
    Windows-7_ wrote:

Explain

• 5 years ago · Quote · #4

trigs

Windows-7_ wrote:
    arthurdavidbert wrote:
    Windows-7_ wrote:

Explain

if we had no limits, it would be anarchy!

just imagine if i could make a tournament with as many people as i wanted. the entire website would go insane! chess pieces would start eating each other! white would change to black and black to white! dogs and cats living together! pure chaos for sure.

• 5 years ago · Quote · #5

FirebrandX

Somehow I knew a Ghostbusters quote would make it's way into that reply. Tongue out

• 5 years ago · Quote · #6

trigs

FirebrandX wrote:

Somehow I knew a Ghostbusters quote would make it's way into that reply.

gotta quote the best ;)

• 5 years ago · Quote · #7

WindowsEnthusiast

trigs wrote:
    Windows-7_ wrote:
    arthurdavidbert wrote:
    Windows-7_ wrote:

Explain

just imagine if i could make a tournament with as many people as i wanted. the entire website would go insane! chess pieces would start eating each other! white would change to black and black to white! dogs and cats living together! pure chaos for sure.

be real.

• 5 years ago · Quote · #8

trigs

Windows-7_ wrote:
    trigs wrote:
    Windows-7_ wrote:
    arthurdavidbert wrote:
    Windows-7_ wrote:

Explain

be real.

for the obvious reason that it could be taken advantage of in various ways. you really don't see how a limit is necessary? really?

if you don't, then let's start our tournament of 10,000 people and you can get every tournament game analyzed for us on the chess.com computer.

EDIT: and btw, there's nobody more real the Bill Friggin' Murray!

• 5 years ago · Quote · #9

WindowsEnthusiast

trigs wrote:
    Windows-7_ wrote:
    trigs wrote:
    Windows-7_ wrote:
    arthurdavidbert wrote:
    Windows-7_ wrote:

Explain

be real.

for the obvious reason that it could be taken advantage of in various ways. you really don't see how a limit is necessary? really?

if you don't, then let's start our tournament of 10,000 people and you can get every tournament game analyzed for us on the chess.com computer.

But who says we can't do 1000-player tournaments?

• 5 years ago · Quote · #10

trigs

Windows-7_ wrote:
    trigs wrote:
    Windows-7_ wrote:
    trigs wrote:
    Windows-7_ wrote:
    arthurdavidbert wrote:
    Windows-7_ wrote:

Explain

be real.

chess.com does.

• 5 years ago · Quote · #11

WindowsEnthusiast

trigs wrote:
    Windows-7_ wrote:
    trigs wrote:
    Windows-7_ wrote:
    trigs wrote:
    Windows-7_ wrote:
    arthurdavidbert wrote:
    Windows-7_ wrote:

Explain

be real.

chess.com does.

And what's the reason?

• 5 years ago · Quote · #12

trigs

Windows-7_ wrote:
    trigs wrote:
    Windows-7_ wrote:
    trigs wrote:
    Windows-7_ wrote:
    trigs wrote:
    Windows-7_ wrote:
    arthurdavidbert wrote:
    Windows-7_ wrote:

Explain

be real.

chess.com does.

And what's the reason?

"for the obvious reason that it could be taken advantage of in various ways. you really don't see how a limit is necessary? really?

EDIT: and btw, there's nobody more real the Bill Friggin' Murray!"

• 5 years ago · Quote · #13

pdela

gosh!

• 5 years ago · Quote · #14

WindowsEnthusiast

trigs wrote:
    Windows-7_ wrote:
    trigs wrote:
    Windows-7_ wrote:
    trigs wrote:
    Windows-7_ wrote:
    trigs wrote:
    Windows-7_ wrote:
    arthurdavidbert wrote:
    Windows-7_ wrote:

Explain

be real.

chess.com does.

And what's the reason?

"for the obvious reason that it could be taken advantage of in various ways. you really don't see how a limit is necessary? really?

EDIT: and btw, there's nobody more real the Bill Friggin' Murray!"

This is not a concrete reason why Chess.com does things that way.

• 5 years ago · Quote · #15

pdela

I propose a limit in the number of quotations, especially if comments goes one after another

• 5 years ago · Quote · #16

WindowsEnthusiast

pdela wrote:

I propose a limit in the number of quotations, especially if comes goes one before another

The limit is 100.

• 5 years ago · Quote · #17

pdela

you quoted me before I could make my words to do sense

• 5 years ago · Quote · #18

WindowsEnthusiast

pdela wrote:

you quoted me before I could make my words to do sense

?

• 5 years ago · Quote · #19

pdela

ok, I drop it

• 5 years ago · Quote · #20

oinquarki

The chess.com servers use up a lot of processing power analyzing games and running tournaments.

Post your reply: