Forums

Being able to use a DGT Board

Sort:
sqwerty123

What is the current status of all this? 

Martin_Stahl
sqwerty123 wrote:

What is the current status of all this? 

The last I saw, a staff member posted it was something the site wants to support, but there is no ETA.

Cunning_Plan

I enquired with chess.com this week & they are looking it to it & hopefully might have DGT support up and running by the end of this year [fingers crossed]

haja0011

That's great news. I would like that very much.

I like DGT boards very much and own some of them. But I absolutely dislike how DGT is doing Driver support for their really beautiful boards. E.g. if you buy the very expensive Revelation II luxus board and want to connect it with PC you have to use an OLD Rabbit driver if you want to have the LED support.
In new drivers the LED support doesn't work. And they don't fix it. I wrote to the support and get a nice but meaningless answer and nothing happens, no fix...
And that's not the only problem with their drivers...

chessroboto

You guys have no idea how exciting this is for someone like me who has been following the progress of DGT since 2010!

Martin_Stahl

See the post by @erik in the following topic.

https://www.chess.com/forum/view/general/how-about-dgt-eboard-compatibility-please

chessroboto

Any day now...

GhulamRasool

Hey guys, I saw the DGT support feature on the chess.com. It can be found by hovering over the right top corner of the chessboard and click on the setting, scroll down to find the DGT board feature when you check the box and save the changes, you are directed back to the board with the DGT feature on asking to connect. It is here where I find the problem that it every time fails to connect asking me to retry. Computer and software geniuses are requested to please find the way to sync the board. Thanks

DVF1

Not sure use of DGT board is enabled so many years on, but the fact that it wasn’t was the reason I chose ICC over this site.

It is the sites right to decide whether to allow it; and mine as to whether I subscribe. Be nice to learn it’s now available...

Dave

BaronVonChickenpants

It is available now, you can play live games using the DGT board You need to join the Beta program to get access to the option within Live Chess

chessroboto

https://www.chess.com/forum/view/chess-equipment/dgt-play-is-enabled-in-chess-com-beta

Martin_Stahl
BaronVonChickenpants wrote:

It is available now, you can play live games using the DGT board You need to join the Beta program to get access to the option within Live Chess

You don't need to be in the Beta to enable the setting. Though, I don't know if it works in Play (BETA) or not and may only work in Play > Live Chess

BaronVonChickenpants

Oh, I thought you only had access to the DGT setting if you were in beta. Good to know!

amitassaraf1

You can check out an app I developed for playing with DGT board on Chess.com 

https://www.chess.com/forum/view/chess-equipment/new-dgt-for-chess-com-macos-app-unofficial