Forums

Eliminate the Abort option

Sort:
kco
Cystem_Phailure wrote:
CerebralAssassin wrote:

when pizza guy at the door,I must abort

Why would you start a game if you know you're going to be interrupted and have to quit?  Or do pizzas just randomly show up at your house unexpectedly?

damn, this must be a America thing "pizza guy at the door" all the time, definitely don't get them here.

mrsuitcase

Does the pizza man only show up when its an opening you don't like facing?  Surprised

JazzTChess
Agree FirebrandX wrote: Since I like to play 1.b3, I get aborted on in blitz quite a lot. This seems like an abuse of the feature in my opinion. Black should not have the option to abort merely because s/he doesn't like the first move played.
CerebralAssassin
Cystem_Phailure wrote:
CerebralAssassin wrote:

when pizza guy at the door,I must abort

Why would you start a game if you know you're going to be interrupted and have to quit?  Or do pizzas just randomly show up at your house unexpectedly?

well I start them expecting the pizza guy to arrive x amount of moves into the game...I don't mind losing 2-3 minutes on the clock.very low probability he'll show up at the very start of the game Tongue out

but.....if he comes while I'm time trouble I'm toast Surprised

CerebralAssassin
mrsuitcase wrote:

Does the pizza man only show up when its an opening you don't like facing? 

haha nah...I take on every and any opening....even silly openings like f4 and b4 Tongue out

onemorecup

Okay, I don't play live chess; I've just returned from a holiday; somehow or another whilst adjusting my settings I may have inadvertantly did something with the "Abort" mechanism, I don't know. I have sent four different messages to some person I don't know, moreover who I am not at all interested in playing of which none of them have been answered. Now, because of that game...meaning Chess.com gratefully stopped all my progress and games I am out an additional 4 days of vacation. SUGGESTIONS?

Vance917

You mean you got kicked into vacation mode, since you are a paid member?  And you did not want that to happen, since you did not even want to play the game in the first place?

rdzrdz

Eliminate the Abort option.  I just had a game "aborted" after 13+ moves..  What is this???? No record of game  I was clearly going to win yet there was no rating change on my side.

azziralc
rdzrdz wrote:

Eliminate the Abort option.  I just had a game "aborted" after 13+ moves..  What is this???? No record of game  I was clearly going to win yet there was no rating change on my side.

@rdzrdz: Abort option only works when there's no moves on the board (or Black doesn't reply to white's move) Your saying that: "The game aborted after 13+ moves" I think it's not going to happen because the abort option will change to resign button if you made that many moves. 

azziralc

@rdzrdz : What is this???? No record of game  I was clearly going to win yet there was no rating change on my side.

Maybe the game you played is unrated.

rdzrdz

Nope rated. (On iPhone) Never change settings. And it was "aborted" per message on screen. Very wierd. Didnt have a "null" move error and I didnt loose connected as I was on wireless