Upgrade to Chess.com Premium!

Help & Support Forum


  • 3 years ago · Quote · #1

    sftac

    Disable replies in the Help & Support Forum by non-Helpers & non-Staff so that member responses are not possible.

    sftac

  • 3 years ago · Quote · #2

    sftac

    This would save some bother for members.

    sftac

  • 3 years ago · Quote · #3

    PrawnEatsPrawn

    sftac wrote:

    Disable replies in the Help & Support Forum by non-Helpers & non-Staff so that member responses are not possible.

    sftac


    You've posted that suggestion in the public forums.

     

    Check "Site Feedback & Suggestions" and fill in the form:

     

    http://support.chess.com/Tickets/Submit

  • 3 years ago · Quote · #4

    mrguy888

    sftac wrote:

    This would save some bother for members.

    sftac


    It would cause much more bother for the helpers and staff. People with good questions get their questions answered by members.

  • 3 years ago · Quote · #5

    goldendog

    sftac wrote:

    Disable replies in the Help & Support Forum by non-Helpers & non-Staff so that member responses are not possible.

    sftac


    There are many veteran members with great answers whose experience would be lost to the question posers.

    I see kohai cautioned you in your notes not to answer such questions as you were giving wrong advice?

    Do what she says and season yourself a little bit.

  • 3 years ago · Quote · #6

    trysts

    There's no reason to get drunk if you can't threadjack "Help & Support"Laughing

  • 3 years ago · Quote · #7

    mrguy888

    This thread is shockingly on topic for the subject actually.

  • 3 years ago · Quote · #8

    trysts

    mrguy888 wrote:

    This thread is shockingly on topic for the subject actually.


    Agreed.

    Here's a beaver house-dam-thing:

    http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_wTv6mnELpgg/R3ADGA_spPI/AAAAAAAACXs/mY0e3ShdeAI/s400/450BeaverLodgeIsolated.jpg

  • 3 years ago · Quote · #9

    mrguy888

    And a human house-dam-thing:

  • 3 years ago · Quote · #10

    trysts

    Here's some bird-house-thing probably near a dam:

    http://artofthespa.net/wp-content/uploads/bird-nest.jpg

  • 3 years ago · Quote · #11

    theoreticalboy

    kco wrote:

    as a good member like myself


    Hmm.  Interesting.

  • 3 years ago · Quote · #12

    mrguy888

    Here is the coolest duck:

  • 3 years ago · Quote · #13

    theoreticalboy

    Hey, I didn't cast *any* judgment upon the statement, beyond that it is 'interesting.'

  • 3 years ago · Quote · #14

    trysts

    Here's some ducks by a house-dam:

    http://www.mccullagh.org/db9/vietnam/ducks-mai-chau.jpg

  • 3 years ago · Quote · #15

    theoreticalboy

    Yep, interesting Laughing

  • 3 years ago · Quote · #16

    corrijean

    I think this calls for a duck poem:

    Behold the duck.

    It does not cluck.

    A cluck it lacks.

    It quacks.

    It is specially fond

    Of a puddle or a pond.

    When it dines or sups,

    It bottoms up.

    by Ogden Nash

  • 3 years ago · Quote · #17

    trysts

    Lovely duck poemLaughing

  • 3 years ago · Quote · #18

    mrguy888

    The story of the "Help & Support Forum" forum as told by ducks:

  • 3 years ago · Quote · #19

    bigpoison

    A puck poem, you say?

    Either I mistake your shape and making quite,
    Or else you are that shrewd and knavish sprite
    Call'd Robin Goodfellow: are not you he
    That frights the maidens of the villagery;
    Skim milk, and sometimes labour in the quern
    And bootless make the breathless housewife churn;
    And sometime make the drink to bear no barm;
    Mislead night-wanderers, laughing at their harm?
    Those that Hobgoblin call you and sweet Puck,
    You do their work, and they shall have good luck:
    Are not you he?

  • 3 years ago · Quote · #20

    trysts

    bigpoison wrote:

    A puck poem, you say?

    Either I mistake your shape and making quite,
    Or else you are that shrewd and knavish sprite
    Call'd Robin Goodfellow: are not you he
    That frights the maidens of the villagery;
    Skim milk, and sometimes labour in the quern
    And bootless make the breathless housewife churn;
    And sometime make the drink to bear no barm;
    Mislead night-wanderers, laughing at their harm?
    Those that Hobgoblin call you and sweet Puck,
    You do their work, and they shall have good luck:
    Are not you he?


    I've never understood hockeyLaughing


Back to Top

Post your reply: