Upgrade to Chess.com Premium!

How to improve Vote Chess; some ideas..


  • 21 months ago · #1

    LorencHoxha

    Vote Chess is one of the most unique idea of this website; it is really fun because it builds a teamwork with hundreds with players, and it is also fun to see how people think..etc...

    Anyway, Vote Chess has to be imroved for the following reasons:

    1. The opening (up to 4-5 moves), if played properly, doesn't involve much strategy. (unless one of the team blunders). So I suggest to have the option to start the game with an exiting opening OR to make the moving time much shorter up to the 5th move.

    2. Some forced Moves are so obvious, and it's really annoying to wait 3-days when after a few hours 90%+ of the players already voted for the obvious move. Maybe there should exist some sort of Equation that keeps in consideration the time past, numbers of the votes, and the percentage of the votes gone in a certain direction. For example, if the obvious move in a recapture is Rxa7 and after 13-hours over 80+ votes has been issued in favor of Rxa7, then the move should be made without waiting all the remaining time.

    3. To make Vote Chess more fun, more people should be involved, and from what I saw so far, seems like people prefer to play on the games made by on of the Staff members instead of the indipendent Group-games. So I suggest to the admins of the site to start a bunch of games all that same, some with premade openings, some without. And to make up some equations to reduce the time on the obvious moves, and I'm sure that Vote Chess will become super duper cool!

    These are my main ideas on how to improve Vote Chess, if you guys have other ideas please let me know.Cool

     

    If some Admin would give some feedback on these ideas, it would be awesome!

  • 21 months ago · #2

    jtt96

    Maybe just after their are enough votes that no matter how the remaining people voted it would win,  it would win.

  • 21 months ago · #3

    waffllemaster

    I don't play vote chess, but my impression was that one of its main draws was the learning aspect.  As moves are discussed and such.  So expediting the process may hurt it.

    Especially when you're only shortcutting the times when you think the next move is obvious.  New players may have never seen a Ruy, or may not know a certain move is the only move.  Even if 95% of the people have voted the remaining 5% may be asking questions and gaining insight.

  • 21 months ago · #4

    LorencHoxha

    waffllemaster wrote:

    I don't play vote chess, but my impression was that one of its main draws was the learning aspect.  As moves are discussed and such.  So expediting the process may hurt it.

    Especially when you're only shortcutting the times when you think the next move is obvious.  New players may have never seen a Ruy, or may not know a certain move is the only move.  Even if 95% of the people have voted the remaining 5% may be asking questions and gaining insight.

    I understand where you are going, however, I don't think the learning process of new players would be hurt if an obvious move is made earlier because they can always go back and check the previous moves. Also, they can always ask questions about previous moves like "Hey why did you get the rook 3-moves ago (putting in a diagram) instead of taking the Queen in h3?" And if a lot of member are active on the game, at least one person would reply back imo.

  • 21 months ago · #5

    jtt96

    So maybe if one move has 75% + of the votes then it is chosen?

  • 21 months ago · #6

    Sokrates1984

    Maybee you get ad a function of vote for a fast move?

  • 21 months ago · #7

    Here_Is_Plenty

    Biggest problem I found with team vote games was that some muppets would vote instantly on seeing the board without waiting on any discussion, despite all earlier pleas by the other players to cooperate.  Maybe its a Scottish problem, all being slightly insane.  My solution is to add a second voting section where you can vote players out of the group.

  • 21 months ago · #8

    jtt96

    Or just have one person designated the vc leader who can choose a certain number of days/hours of no voting and can waive that limit for a move if the move is obvious or everyone has already agreed on a move. No kicking necessary.

  • 21 months ago · #9

    LorencHoxha

    echecs06 wrote:

    OP, those are valid and pertinent observations. Have you contacted staff?

    I probably should send the link to some staff member. Thanks for the idea.

  • 21 months ago · #10

    LorencHoxha

    jtt96 wrote:

    Or just have one person designated the vc leader who can choose a certain number of days/hours of no voting and can waive that limit for a move if the move is obvious or everyone has already agreed on a move. No kicking necessary.

    A Leader would be good, however, how do we know that the Leader is the person that can give the best decisions? Seems like we are talking about Democracy V. Totaliarism. lol.

  • 21 months ago · #11

    LorencHoxha

    Sokrates1984 wrote:

    Maybee you get ad a function of vote for a fast move?

    That's exactly what I was thinking. Laughing

  • 21 months ago · #12

    EternalChess

    Maybe keep vote chess the way it always was?

  • 21 months ago · #13

    LorencHoxha

    SerbianChessStar wrote:

    Maybe keep vote chess the way it always was?

    That's another good idea. Anyway, God Bless the U.S.A.!

  • 21 months ago · #14

    LorencHoxha

    For who doesn't know this Serbian guy is being a d*ck because my country together with the U.S. and the NATO bombarded his country since they were behaving like animals, so they lost a piece of their country, Kosovo, which later became an indipendent country. Serbia also fought against Bosnia, then with Croatia; they lost all wars. Also keep in mind that the WWI started by a serb student that killed the brother of one important Austrian politician. Serbs were involved in 5 wars in the last 100-years and they managed to lose all of them. Because of their animalistic instincts, they will manage to keep starting wars and because of their low IQ, they will lose them all. Bill Clinton (one of the greatest man in history) understood the Serbian thread, so he decleared War to Serbs; a War that Serbs lost in only 4 days.

  • 21 months ago · #15

    Here_Is_Plenty

    LorencHoxha wrote:

    For who doesn't know this Serbian guy is being a d*ck because my country together with the U.S. and the NATO bombarded his country since they were behaving like animals, so they lost a piece of their country, Kosovo, which later became an indipendent country. Serbia also fought against Bosnia, then with Croatia; they lost all wars. Also keep in mind that the WWI started by a serb student that killed the brother of one important Austrian politician. Serbs were involved in 5 wars in the last 100-years and they managed to lose all of them. Because of their animalistic instincts, they will manage to keep starting wars and because of their low IQ, they will lose them all. Bill Clinton (one of the greatest man in history) understood the Serbian thread, so he decleared War to Serbs; a War that Serbs lost in only 4 days.


    Major over-reaction.  The guy made a polite one line comment about keeping the status quo and you go gung-ho and racist.  Nice way to stop people following the thread.  He should report you for your comments; I am not even going to waste any more time on you.

  • 21 months ago · #16

    EternalChess

    Lol before attacking me, 

    your point 1. Why not make this for turn based too? If you wanna change it for vote chess why not turn based as well.

    Point 2. I somewhat agree but it is too difficult, I been in many matches where the first few hours everyone agreed on one thing (OR not many people vote) then in the final day, many people start voting another thing after intesive analysis.

    Point 3, "people prefer vote chess made by staff," In fact they make games where you play titled players, I think we should be grateful.

    My final point, I would rather keep vote chess the way it always been, with the exception that there can be lower time/higher time etc..

    Before attacking me for no reason, can you please ask why?

    And also, dont come into my threads and attack me for no reason.. copying and pasting the same stuff.

  • 21 months ago · #17

    jtt96

    SerbianChessStar wrote:

    Lol before attacking me, 

    your point 1. Why not make this for turn based too? If you wanna change it for vote chess why not turn based as well.

    Point 2. I somewhat agree but it is too difficult, I been in many matches where the first few hours everyone agreed on one thing (OR not many people vote) then in the final day, many people start voting another thing after intesive analysis.

    Point 3, "people prefer vote chess made by staff," In fact they make games where you play titled players, I think we should be grateful.

    My final point, I would rather keep vote chess the way it always been, with the exception that there can be lower time/higher time etc..

    Before attacking me for no reason, can you please ask why?

    And also, dont come into my threads and attack me for no reason.. copying and pasting the same stuff.

    Well put.

  • 21 months ago · #18

    NimzoRoy

    Here_Is_Plenty wrote:

    Biggest problem I found with team vote games was that some muppets would vote instantly on seeing the board without waiting on any discussion, despite all earlier pleas by the other players to cooperate.  Maybe its a Scottish problem, all being slightly insane.  My solution is to add a second voting section where you can vote players out of the group.

    Great idea, but how do you find them since they almost never make any comments? My suggestion: make everyone's vote appear in the team comments as soon as they vote. A 2nd vote isn't necessary because they can always be kicked out of the club they're playing for if they don't get with the program

  • 21 months ago · #19

    LorencHoxha

    Here_Is_Plenty wrote:
    LorencHoxha wrote:

    For who doesn't know this Serbian guy is being a d*ck because my country together with the U.S. and the NATO bombarded his country since they were behaving like animals, so they lost a piece of their country, Kosovo, which later became an indipendent country. Serbia also fought against Bosnia, then with Croatia; they lost all wars. Also keep in mind that the WWI started by a serb student that killed the brother of one important Austrian politician. Serbs were involved in 5 wars in the last 100-years and they managed to lose all of them. Because of their animalistic instincts, they will manage to keep starting wars and because of their low IQ, they will lose them all. Bill Clinton (one of the greatest man in history) understood the Serbian thread, so he decleared War to Serbs; a War that Serbs lost in only 4 days.


    Major over-reaction.  The guy made a polite one line comment about keeping the status quo and you go gung-ho and racist.  Nice way to stop people following the thread.  He should report you for your comments; I am not even going to waste any more time on you.

    Go check in his profile his thread "How do I block Albanians" then come to me and teach me how to behave.

  • 21 months ago · #20

    LorencHoxha

    joeydvivre wrote:

    I think Hoxha would do best to stow that stuff.  Whether or not you should be antagonistic to Serbians is not the issue.  The issue is that chess.com says this is not the place to do it and they get to make those rules. 

    Go check in this Serbian's guy profile in his thread "How do I block Albanians"


Back to Top
This forum topic has been locked.