Forums

i looked at the new format

Sort:
twidey

it's hard to tell when your next game is ready...i like the old format

gordonyoung

If you press home it tells you ur games like in old format

twidey

thanks gordon and borg apparently has some good ideas too.

unohoo

I hope it isn't forced on us, don't like it

unohoo

I think you are correct about being ignored

catholicbatman

I don't really like it either, unfortunately. Too hard to find things and I like the simple, old layout better for my game list...

whitebull

I liked the old look better too--especially the current games list.   It has become more confusing to play.  

JFK-Ramsey

It took some getting used to for me because there is so much there but I think it is very promising. There will always be some resistance to change but if Chess.com is willing to expeditiously tweak it when problems are found, then I look forward to its installation.

Good work Chess.com staff.

whitebull

Where do you find "my games against?"

Da-Nee

The format is okay and will probably be better once I become accustomed to it.  However, It would be nice if I could turn off the sound effects when making moves.  Perhaps this could be an option on the Account page?  I would prefer this to having to turn my computer speaker off and on.  FWIW.

whitebull

Well, where do you find "my games against?"

Where do you find "challenges?"

Bodhiwan
Is there a link somewhere to the new format? I wanna see it too :)
unohoo

Rather than fix something that isn't broken it would be nice if they spent time providing the live tourney page and leaderboard that was promised last november and still isn't here

Huskie99

I like the new format overall - however I noticed for CC games that it puts the time remaining on the game on top of the name of the tournament, seems like it should be placed on the next line down.   I do like the 'thumbnails' of ongoing CC games though.

AndTheLittleOneSaid

Thanks for the links BorgQueen.

I quite like the new format for browsing the forums, I haven't explored it too deeply yet. Although the "Please be relevant, helpful & nice!" is amusing. Wink

JFK-Ramsey

Is there a forum for our feedback or does the staff review these threads?

Also, I hope they don't do away with the Daily Puzzle. I couldn't find it.

JFK-Ramsey

Oops. Just noticed the forum this thread is under.

Never mind (except for the Daily Puzzle).

Brad_B

Has anybody ever heard the old saying "If its not broke don't fix it" Whats the point of having the game board displayed instead of "your move"? It takes up a lot of space. Why is the time left written over the name of the game? It looks like a ten year old made this up. Can we at least have an option of staying with the old format? In a word, I think the new look sucks.

HessianWarrior

On the CC game list I just want to see the list of opponets, I don't need to see my ugly mug too, I already know I am playing them, and I could careless to know if I am black or white at that point in time.

HessianWarrior

Also on the CC game list it shows "time of last move" instead of "time left". I don't care how long ago the last move was, but I do care about how much time is left.