Wizard_Chess97

Ok, thank you. It worked. Smile

• 3 years ago · Quote · #62

Joseph-S

Can't anything stay the same?

Tongue out

• 3 years ago · Quote · #63

Baya11

How can i change my status in new format? Is anybody know it?

• 3 years ago · Quote · #64

BorgQueen

My bad, I have corrected the post to have the =0 instead of =1 for the turn off link.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #65

BorgQueen

Re: changing status, that is one of the things that needs to be fixed.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #66

Baya11

On old format i could edit it, new one not. why?

• 3 years ago · Quote · #67

BorgQueen

They are planning to remove the status.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #68

Baya11

hmm.

But i think they must give last chance to edit or delete it. Isn't it?

• 3 years ago · Quote · #69

BorgQueen

Once the new version goes live, there will be no status at all.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #70

Baya11

Understood. Thank you!

• 3 years ago · Quote · #71

Cystem_Phailure

BorgQueen wrote:

Once the new version goes live, there will be no status at all.

Mon Dieu!  How will people know that I've been paranoid, confused, and cold for 18 months?  Cool

• 3 years ago · Quote · #72

chess_kebabs

The new design is very flat and dull, sorry  to say. Not a fan. 

Few questions/suggestions.

1. Why was the admins list removed from groups?  As a SuperAdmin I relied on that list of links there to  message admins all the time. Also the actual profile of a group is lost. There is no real profile there anymore, it's very basic.

2. Can the friends list be hidden, like in Facebook. There should be a choice for people to show it or hide it.

3. Please  bring back the flashing symbol for when people are online please, rather than the flat boring green little box, it's lifeless. Also the friends window showing who was online in the one box was GREAT, now removed. I expected features to be added, not great features to be removed. 

4. Why to remove the names of who the trophies were from, underneath the trophies? That was a nice touch. Also no trophy showcase anymore?

5 . More contrast is needed between headings, like TOURNAMENT GAMES, TEAM MATCH GAMES etc. and the matches listed under them,  they are all the same colour/shade, no contrast or definition for quick easy finding of what you're looking for. Or is that just a default to have the list of games to look the same as the heading and we can adjust that when we create a new theme?  Haven't looked at theme controls  yet. 

6. The EDIT / DELETE links were more noticeable before as well.. This is the problem, everything 'looks the same' almost in the new look.. one flat lifeless design. The coloured strips between posts in forums is also lost, again more contrast/definition gone.  

Bring back some contrast  and definition between elements.. 

If I had to rate it out of 10, I'd give the new look a 3/10 and the old look an 8/10.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #73

catholicbatman

One of the things I want to work is when I leave and come back I still want my games to be in the table (or list) format-but everytime I come back it is back to the other one. Perhaps a default option could be put in settings.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #74

Lawdoginator

I like the old school look of chess dot com. I hope Erik will reconsider. I was invited to use and comment on the new look but couldn't stand it and after two days went back to the "old" current look. Don't fix what ain't broken! 

• 3 years ago · Quote · #75

catholicbatman

Another thing I've thought is a bit annoying is it shows you as online as well on your table of current games page-it makes it really hard to tell which of your opponents are online and which are not because their is a green box beside your name in each game.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #76

TheGrobe

chess_kebabs wrote:

This was my impression as well -- I think I chalked it up to two things that are closely related:  Not enough contrast, and the boundaries between things are less established.

Case in point, posts in the old format are contained within their own box and have a nice, contrasting header.  Under the new format a post's boundary is gone and replaced with only a single divider line between it and the adjascent posts, leaving it to flow into the background of the page.  The headers also don't pop like they used to and are sometimes hard to read as a result.

It's taken some getting used to, but at the end of the day, while there are a few nuggets of good UI design (mostly functional) in the new format, there is still much about the general asthetic that I prefer about the old format.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #77

chess_kebabs

TheGrobe wrote:
    chess_kebabs wrote:

This was my impression as well -- I think I chalked it up to two things that are closely related:  Not enough contrast, and the boundaries between things are less established.

Case in point, posts in the old format are contained within their own box and have a nice, contrasting header.  Under the new format a post's boundary is gone and replaced with only a single divider line between it and the adjascent posts, leaving it to flow into the background of the page.  The headers also don't pop like they used to and are sometimes hard to read as a result.

It's taken some getting used to, but at the end of the day, while there are a few nuggets of good UI design (mostly functional) in the new format, there is still much about the general asthetic that I prefer about the old format.

There are 2 forums going on this topic.. ended up saying more in the other forum since it had been going for longer.

http://www.chess.com/forum/view/help-support/new-look-for-chesscom?quote_id=8100903

And yes, my main problem was the same Grobe as I  mentioned in the other forum, there is a now a lack of contrast and also a lack of definition. Everything seems to be blending together. They've used a shade of black for the text as well, it's not solid. 

There is a lack of crispness to the pages, no vibrancy.

The flashing online symbol gave a bit of movement/life to the pages, that's now  gone.. as is the friends window to see in a glance all your friends who are online.

There is no admins list in groups anymore. The group profile has lost it's, well, profile. 

Trophies no longer have names under them to show who sent them. Appears to be no trophy showcase anymore.

Everyone's friend's list is now exposed and can't see an option to hide them, like you can in Facebook.

Also when I go to someone's profile, I don't want their notes in my face, which the new site is displaying.

Aesthetically it's horrible. A step backwards in the name of 'progress'. Just because you changed something doesn't mean it actually did progress.  

• 3 years ago · Quote · #78

chess_kebabs

I don't call removing features provided before as progress...

• 3 years ago · Quote · #79

Philip6Esq

I can't get to the analysis view from the game view in Firefox, on a Mac using Lion. Opera works.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #80

catholicbatman

Found yet another thing that is disturbing to me. When I click to see ALL of my current games in a list it tells me when my opponent last moved rather than how much time I have left to move...I really don't care at all when my opponent moved; I want to know how much time have left.

Post your reply: