Forums

Live Blindfold Chess

Sort:
LikeTheLake

Hey guys.  So, in practice, if I want to play blindfold I do it mysefl and it would be totally up to my opponent to show or no show pieces on his/her screen?  Meaning, when doing the automatic Live search, my opponents won't even know I play blindfold, or the search will give hits of pleople with blindfold on their settings?  How does it work?

dpruess

opponents can use or not use blindfold pieces as they prefer. there is no indication on the seek graph as to whether you will be playing blindfold or not.

Michael_AK

Since I would play very weak in blindfold, is there a possibility to set up different Ratings for Blindfold games?

abe_gold

Agreed!

vowles_23

I'd also like this, even if there were cheaters, I don't think it would be such a problem :D

Michael_AK

I also would not care much about cheaters, I would play blindfold just for the sake of blindfold training but I dont want to screw up my normal rating ...

MSC157

You just set to unrated, and that's it.

Michael_AK

Yes MSC157, that is the way I do it now, but wouldnt it be nice and motivating to have a possibility to have a Rating for Blindfold?

Well, with the Cursor changing when you mouse-over a piece it is still possible to kind of cheat...

MSC157

What do you have in mind with "cursor changing" and "mouse-over a piece", I don't understand it really...?

But yes, I totally agree with you! :)

vowles_23

The cursor changes from an arrow to a hand when it's over a hidden piece, so you know that a piece is there. Try it in a game. Run your mouse over a board and you will notice that when it's on a square that has a piece on it, it changes from an arrow, meaning that there is nothing that you can grab, to a hand (like how it changes when hovering over a link).

MSC157

Really? Haha, didn't know that. I don't recognise this as cheating, 'cause you MUST move, but yeah, really interesting. :)

The way I would play blindfold bullet. :D

deathspectr

so, blindfold chess has been trashed? I mean, 3 years? It shuold take less than 10 mins to make the code for blindfold chess....

Witty_Alien

i am aslo wating!

chessmaster102

How do you play it on chess.com

Faridouzz
dpruess wrote:

the idea has not been trashed, we just have an extremely long list of projects.

It must be pretty darn long!

Blindfold chess would be a huge + to this website!

spawkle529

I'm almost certain it has already been implemented on Chess.com

Why did you revive this thread...

VishyNotAnand

try https://www.tryit.in/blindchess A very simple interface where you can play against an engine at different difficulty level by just keying in the moves in algebraic notation and see the board as and when you want. Full disclosure: I am the tool developer! happy.png