Live Chess 45|45 Time

• 18 months ago · Quote · #121

zltbchess

i like 60/0

• 18 months ago · Quote · #122

xyzed

For those interested few players here (I don't remember their names) have
    started clubs for longer time control.
    I joined Chess.com when I realized that this rare site offered me a good ratio for Standard games.All the best.

• 18 months ago · Quote · #123

LimpSpider

+1

• 17 months ago · Quote · #124

gruntrush

Have you heard anything back on this topic?

• 17 months ago · Quote · #125

drPlacebo

gruntrush wrote:

Have you heard anything back on this topic?

Dan Heisman wrote a few days ago in his chess.com article:

"The attraction and success of all this slow chess has not escaped the eye of Chess.com. IM Daniel Rensch has been in contact with us and has informed us that one of the action items for near-future Chess.com improvement is to be more proactively helpful for those seeking slow play." 

Im not sure is this directly related with 45/45 or 60/0 seek option in live chess, but I hope so.

• 17 months ago · Quote · #126

tfulk

CorfitzUlfeldt wrote:

The trouble with longer timecontrols on the internet is the jerks you can end up playing. If you play a game of 5 0 against them, they can waste 5 minutes of your evening. If you play a game of 45 45 against them, they can waste your entire evening.

It would be fine to have such a time control, but I would only play it in something resembling the Team4545-league. Not against some random guy.

Thinking of it, yes...that sounds about right. I would be all about a 45/45 league, where people aren't just casually starting a game they don't intend to finish with you, and leave you waiting more than the original 45 minutes they had on their clocks after they make 5 rapid moves, and don't like the position they are in. I'm interested to see if this develops into anything.

• 17 months ago · Quote · #127

MoonlessNight

I sent a suggestion to chess.com, their response was pretty automated "thanks for your suggestion, members like you have truly had great ideas. regards,"

I would like chess.com to just pop in this thread to say their opinion. Until then, I believe it would be helpful to continue to send suggestions as a way to petition.

• 17 months ago · Quote · #128

quak170

+1!!!

• 15 months ago · Quote · #129

katmardu

+1!!!

• 15 months ago · Quote · #130

MoonlessNight

+1!!!

• 15 months ago · Quote · #131

Farnel

I am adding another vote to the many wanting to see 45/45 as a standard live chess time control option.

• 15 months ago · Quote · #132

Uphigh100percent

+1 vote.Why it would be a problem for the site?It would be great for than and we would not need to go to another sites to play 45/45...

• 15 months ago · Quote · #134

SirIvanhoe

Come and play in the Slow Chess League at the Dan Heisman Learning Center. We are the original Slow Chess League on Chess.com and offer time controls you want as well as actual tournament competition and other ways to play. And, we support this effort to add G/45+45 and other standard time controls including G/90+30 to the available time controls for live play without having to use custom settings. In addition, our DHLC Chat Room Chess Club is a great way for a casual game, chat, and analysis without formal signups.

• 15 months ago · Quote · #135

Luidefunes

You should play 45 I 45 time, because its good for the peer to have the guts to flame a chess future, and I play standard time as well.

• 15 months ago · Quote · #136

TomHaegin

All the DHLC slow chess events are very well organized. 

Among other things, players who do not play by the rules get sanctioned. The result of this is that the people sticking around for more than a single game are pretty serious about the games. Which serves precisecly the purpose.

• 15 months ago · Quote · #137

Retrodanny

CorfitzUlfeldt wrote:

The trouble with longer timecontrols on the internet is the jerks you can end up playing. If you play a game of 5 0 against them, they can waste 5 minutes of your evening. If you play a game of 45 45 against them, they can waste your entire evening.

It would be fine to have such a time control, but I would only play it in something resembling the Team4545-league. Not against some random guy.

"roll-over" time controls can probably help with that

• 15 months ago · Quote · #138

SirIvanhoe

Here's my blog on playing slow chess on Chess.com:

http://www.chess.com/blog/SirIvanhoe/slow-chess-is-here-right-now

• 9 months ago · Quote · #139

EvgeniyZh

+1 to 45|45, 60|0 and 90|30

Post your reply: