Forums

lol

Sort:
DrSpudnik

Cryptotelecomicon?

corrijean

The characters are pretty much historical. Haven't found many significant deviations yet in the main characters. Turing is dead on.

Glorfindel_1
ivandh wrote:

Running Windows 95 on a 2 GHz processor? That would not exactly be authentic.

Use VMware's VM and you can limit the cpu usage to make it a little more authentic

adamplenty

I don't consider emulation authentic. But that's just me Smile.

DrSpudnik

I can fake sincerity like nobody else!

Glorfindel_1
adamplenty wrote:

I don't consider emulation authentic. But that's just me .

Yeah, I see where you are coming from, but after using a Win95 pc I much prefer a VM :P

adamplenty
Glorfindel_1 wrote:
adamplenty wrote:

Yeah, I see where you are coming from, but after using a Win95 pc I much prefer a VM :P

I'd prefer a Win95 machine.

Glorfindel_1
adamplenty wrote:
Glorfindel_1 wrote:
adamplenty wrote:

I'd prefer a Win95 machine.

I have two win95 tablets :D

adamplenty

I's been ages since I had a proper" Win95 machine. I do have one machine that multi boots, including Windows 95, though I rarely use it. I also have another machine where I don't multi-boot technically, but I use it to run win 3.1 a lot, as you see in the beginning if this thread Smile. It "multi-boots" to Windows 98, 3.1, 3.0, 2.03, and 1.01. I put multi-boot in quotes because they all run under the same version of MS-DOS.

Glorfindel_1
adamplenty wrote:

I's been ages since I had a proper" Win95 machine. I do have one machine that multi boots, including Windows 95, though I rarely use it. I also have another machine where I don't multi-boot technically, but I use it to run win 3.1 a lot, as you see in the beginning if this thread . It "multi-boots" to Windows 98, 3.1, 3.0, 2.03, and 1.01. I put multi-boot in quotes because they all run under the same version of MS-DOS.

lol it is multi booting just like when I had three differant ubuntu versions on one pc :P

adamplenty
Glorfindel_1 wrote:
adamplenty wrote:

I's been ages since I had a proper" Win95 machine. I do have one machine that multi boots, including Windows 95, though I rarely use it. I also have another machine where I don't multi-boot technically, but I use it to run win 3.1 a lot, as you see in the beginning if this thread . It "multi-boots" to Windows 98, 3.1, 3.0, 2.03, and 1.01. I put multi-boot in quotes because they all run under the same version of MS-DOS.

lol it is multi booting just like when I had three differant ubuntu versions on one pc :P

On one machine, I have 8 versions of Windows! 98SE, 95, 3.2, 3.11, 3.0, 2.1, 2.03, and 1.01.

null-cipher

Why on earth would you have three different installs of Ubuntu on one machine?

adamplenty
null-cipher wrote:

Proably for the same reason I have 8 versions of Windows on one machine Wink.

Glorfindel_1
null-cipher wrote:

Some are too old to update :P

actually I only have one OS right now and it is Slacko Puppy

the hdd crashed...

adamplenty
adamplenty wrote:
netzach wrote:

Try windows98SE.

Can't try SE right now. I tried the original Windows 98 with IE4, it got about halfway before it froze, and I was unable to take a screenshot .

I finally got a chance to try it in Windows 98 SE, and it seems to load correctly in it (at least in Firefox Smile). Shall I be a daredevil and try logging on and using it in this environment? Laughing

netzach

Bravo to Mozilla for attempting to provide functional browser as that is the trickiest thing! Smile