Forums

Member Map Option Removed ?!

Sort:
Naakija

You said out just my thoughts, Jon !  Thank You.     Smile

bulletheadbilly

It won't happen.the right you had is gone...not to have again...sorry.

Naakija

Be Positive, Billy !     Laughing

Faith & Hope & Love.

Master_Kaina

i don't get it .. members can STILL share wateva they want about themselves, specifics of where they live/are/etc.

perhaps u r jus forced2socialize w/that person2find-out rather than it b automatically posted is all Smile

unless ofcourse he/she CHOOSES2post that info as i hv done on my homepage .. problem solved! Cool

Naakija

Master_Kaina

Tongue Out

Ithrelkeld

The member map was about my favourite feature on the site.  It was interesting to see the distribution of players world wide and even more interesting to see the whereabouts of the people that I was playing.  If addresses were being handed out, I could understand objections,  but who is going to worry about people knowing what part of the globe they are on?   The information is still available anyway, just not so conveniently.  Please bring the feature back.  Without it I don't think it's worth being a diamond member.

Naakija

Thank You, Ian. I do very much agree.     Smile

whirlwind2011

@Ithrelkeld: Your opinion is definitely understandable, but I disagree. What about Chess Mentor and the vast majority of the videos? In my opinion, those features are easily worth a Diamond membership, and I have greatly missed them since I downgraded to Platinum this year. For me, the member map was insignificant. Still, my views are surely not the be-all-end-all, and I respect your opinion.

bulletheadbilly

what aboutivint the  the Old Lady's and young Juveniles, that dont know to remove information. and when you Zero in, you see the street they live on.?

it showed me on the globe , not even 500 yards from my house, and i dont remember giving them the permision to do it. you can white page them and know about where they are allredy...

But to be honest, i liked that feature also. but people don't know that every body knows about that locater... 

nameno1had

I know that if you use google maps satellite view, you can zoom in and almost read someone's license plate on their car in their driveway...

all you need is their street address, and it is readily available from many online sites for a small fee. It is more accurate than this site's IP locator.

I think this factor along with the education each new member should receive when they sign up, to make them aware of these things, should be more than enough to both protect the members and absolve Chess.com of any responsibility for what may ever happen as a result of the content of this site.

If this doesn't seem reasonable, make everyone electronically sign a waiver absolving Chess.com when they sign up. We should be able to enjoy the best the electronic and internet age has to offer. If we let the what if's of every bad hypothetical thing that could happen rule us, we might as well all go end it for ourselves. Life is too short to get too caught up in foolish worries.

bulletheadbilly

I like using google maps sattelite to find good river spots.

i have not seen them give features Back once there gone. 

Somebody can start a Custom Browser and find the Information Yourselves and Start A Group to Put It In...just a thought...i hear ya, and i feel ya...

johnmusacha

I dont believe that for even half a second. 

johnmusacha

Yeah most people wouldn't because what you are saying is total B.S.

Naakija

World Map

The Chess.com map is an incredibly powerful resource to help you find Players, Events, Clubs and Coaches from all around the globe in amazing detail!