Upgrade to Chess.com Premium!

Need an IGNORE ALL COMMENTS link

• 3 years ago · Quote · #1

chess_kebabs

Dear staff,

We have an 'IGNORE ALL' link provided for 'Alerts', to remove all 'Group Activity' 'Team Match Games'  and 'Chess Games' alerts that appear on our profile pages but not one for ''Comments". It takes too much time to click on tracked forums and turn the tracking off and often we have forums we don't want to read/comment for the time being or possibly not anymore. We end up with a page of so many forum alerts for new comments and have to sift through them to find the vote chess game comments and any other forums most interested in reading/commenting on. 

Is it possible to please provide an IGNORE ALL link for Comments too?

Many thanks,

Babs :)

• 3 years ago · Quote · #2

Streptomicin

Hmmm, we already have that.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #3

Streptomicin

And yes, I just found out about it few days ago, and I was, WHAAAAAAA???? How did I not see that before?

• 3 years ago · Quote · #4

chess_kebabs

that IGNORE ALL Streps only gets rid of the games and group activity alerts until a new game or group activity pops up.. but it only 'temporarily' hides the comments, it doesn't remove them..  when a new comment is made ALL  the comments pop back up AGAIN on profile so AGAIN you have to sift through all of them to see which comment was new..

• 3 years ago · Quote · #5

RainbowRising

whats with this auto tracking option too ? If I want to track a forum ill click track damn it! lol

• 3 years ago · Quote · #6

AnthonyCG

RainbowRising wrote:

whats with this auto tracking option too ? If I want to track a forum ill click track damn it! lol

+1

• 3 years ago · Quote · #7

TheGrobe

You can turn it off via your privacy settings, but unfortunately you'll also have to manually untrack any threads that got tracking turned on this way.  Turning that on by default when they rolled it out was a bit of a blunder.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #8

RainbowRising

I can?!?! Why havent you told me this before Grobe??!

• 3 years ago · Quote · #9

chess_kebabs

Not following you Grobe.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #10

RainbowRising

Probably cos its like 4 am where you are babs??

• 3 years ago · Quote · #11

chess_kebabs

You never know my time RR... it's 12.45am here now..

• 3 years ago · Quote · #12

chess_kebabs

@Grobe... but as I mentioned in my post, I don't want to permanently stop getting alerts for new comments from ALL the forums/games I am in.. I  just want to keep viewing the ones that I'm still interested in and keep ignoring those I'm not.. without having to manually turn each one off.. so that after I hit IGNORE ALL, when a NEW comment is made in any of the forums it only brings up that forum on my profile and I can choose whether to hit IGNORE ALL again or view it.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #13

Streptomicin

Just when you comment in a forum uncheck "tracking Comments" option. I know that you have to do it one by one, but I don't know if maybe mark all forum topics as READ will do what you want?

• 3 years ago · Quote · #14

TheGrobe

chess_kebabs wrote:

@Grobe... but as I mentioned in my post, I don't want to permanently stop getting alerts for new comments from ALL the forums/games I am in.. I  just want to keep viewing the ones that I'm still interested in and keep ignoring those I'm not.. without having to manually turn each one off.. so that after I hit IGNORE ALL, when a NEW comment is made in any of the forums it only brings up that forum on my profile and I can choose whether to hit IGNORE ALL again or view it.

Sure, but RainbowRising does.  My post was in response to him. 

• 3 years ago · Quote · #15

chess_kebabs

how do you mark all forums here,  including vote chess games new comments, as read Streps?

• 3 years ago · Quote · #16

bigpoison

RainbowRising wrote:

I can?!?! Why havent you told me this before Grobe??!

He has.  You just weren't paying attention:

http://www.chess.com/forum/view/suggestions/posting--tracking

• 3 years ago · Quote · #17

chess_kebabs

Godspawn wrote:
    chess_kebabs wrote:

Dear staff,

We have an 'IGNORE ALL' link provided for 'Alerts', to remove all 'Group Activity' 'Team Match Games'  and 'Chess Games' alerts that appear on our profile pages but not one for ''Comments". It takes too much time to click on tracked forums and turn the tracking off and often we have forums we don't want to read/comment for the time being or possibly not anymore. We end up with a page of so many forum alerts for new comments and have to sift through them to find the vote chess game comments and any other forums most interested in reading/commenting on. 

Is it possible to please provide an IGNORE ALL link for Comments too?

Many thanks,

Babs :)

"It takes too much time..."

Really?  You must be the busiest person in the world.

2nd busiest.

God has a bit more on his plate than me.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #18

thegab03

I do in a deed & I eat da lot, yo!

• 3 years ago · Quote · #19

rein

BLAH BLAH BLAH

• 3 years ago · Quote · #20

chess_kebabs

lol Gaby.

Post your reply: