Upgrade to Chess.com Premium!

New sound system

• 2 years ago · Quote · #61

StaleRape

DeepGreene wrote:
    chessplayer11 wrote:

The options should have a dropdown list for each sound with includedif you don't want a sound played at all for a particular move/action.

And of course a play button next to each so you don't have to play a game to even hear it.

We have a ticket for user-selectable sound schemes - but as yet, no ETA.

We'd also need more themes...

- Waterfowl of the Pacific Northwest?

- Name That Aircraft?

- Super Mario Chess?

- Cat In The Chandelier?

Does anyone else find it odd that this is the only reply to this post from the staff. Do they care what we think? There is no thread in the forums about the love of the new sound system because it is unanimous that the new sounds are a mistake.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #62

LINKIN_PARK

new sound is like toilet flash sound plz chnaged everything dont change sound they r perfect. or make a option to select sound if staf like the toilet sound more lol :(

• 2 years ago · Quote · #63

LINKIN_PARK

new sound is badddddddddddddd terible

• 2 years ago · Quote · #64

NicoloPags

PhilMcCracken wrote:

I like the new sounds. Keep up the good work!

WHAT!!!!!!

• 2 years ago · Quote · #65

BornMisfit

Thanks you chess.com . Now you welcome me with a fart sound and whether I lose or win you reward again with the fart sound. Great work!! I very much liked these toilet sounds.Thank you once again for keeping good work.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #66

monsieur

Please revert to the old sound !!!!!

• 2 years ago · Quote · #67

LINKIN_PARK

lol born misfit u and staff like toilet sound .  the new sound u bad and teribble old one perfect plz back them or make option to select sound old or new.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #68

chessplayer11

Proposed new sound effects for Live Chess

http://youtu.be/n_lrk7m3JCw

• 2 years ago · Quote · #69

NicoloPags

chessplayer11 wrote:

Proposed new sound effects for Live Chess

http://youtu.be/n_lrk7m3JCw

better then current ones

• 2 years ago · Quote · #70

RetGuvvie98

about as useful and about as distracting.

why not ?  (no telling what will happen next.)   

by the way, be careful what you ask for nicoloPags, and chesslpayer11, you might get it.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #71

NicoloPags

it would be enertaining, at least

• 2 years ago · Quote · #72

maddago

Please stop messing with the sound effects!!!...It's INCREDIBLY distracting,..I'd just about gotten used to them when you changed them again!!!!! I'm not a well person and these new sounds just might drive me to do something we'll all regret,.......like,.....river dancing,....or competition nude curling,.....(oh the horror)!

• 2 years ago · Quote · #73

NicoloPags

maybe theyre trying to say wheter you win or lose you get a fart at the start and end

• 2 years ago · Quote · #74

NatureTimid

I guess the architect of these awful sounds got the idea when he would use toilet.All that flush, fart and underwater sounds.And he must have shouted when he got them "Eureka Toilet sounds".

• 2 years ago · Quote · #75

NicoloPags

Hades wrote:
    NicoloPags wrote:

who even came up with these horrrible sounds?

Staff did. You miss the memo?

who in the staff

• 2 years ago · Quote · #76

chessplayer11

RetGuvvie98 wrote:

by the way, be careful what you ask for nicoloPags, and chesslpayer11, you might get it.

Hey, for one minute long chess games, which are practically video games anyway, those sounds are better than getting farted on as your reward.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #77

LINKIN_PARK

Who discovered new sound is the bigest lol in world. And who give permision to upload on chess.com is big big lol

• 2 years ago · Quote · #78

willtest

Well I quite like the new sounds, except for the fart sound that has inspired so many before me.

But by far the best thing about the sounds is the hilarity of the responses it's produced. Apparently, hell hath no fury like a chess.com user unhappy with a recent aesthetic change.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #79

MiguelSR1

interesting ........

• 2 years ago · Quote · #80

TheHangMan

Rubbish sounds. Have you sold  copyright of previous sounds to some other chess site? or are you planning to set aside those sounds for paid members only? Those were the world class sounds. These new ones are load of rubbish.

Post your reply: