Upgrade to Chess.com Premium!

Rematches: I suggest a rule.


  • 18 months ago · Quote · #81

    learningthemoves

    Yeah, guys, that would be a killer feature to add one day...

    "Play a series:

    3 game 

    5 game

    10 game

    Where you can pick just like you can adjust your ratings and time control settings.

    That would be really cool in my opinion.

    What do you guys think?

  • 18 months ago · Quote · #82

    Rasparovov

    fissionfowl wrote:

    Jeez.

    ez

  • 17 months ago · Quote · #83

    pigchess1

    i rematch when i win someone better than me :P

  • 16 months ago · Quote · #84

    jposthuma

    Ok, I'm working on a little connect the dots here.

    If you want a rematch, I am assuming you

    Lost the first game. You probably want a rematch because you are upset about the loss, And you want revenge.

    Reality: this is a game! Instead of getting upset and spamming the rematch button, click the analysis button and figure out why you lost. Hope I helped.

  • 16 months ago · Quote · #85

    chessBBQ

    I actually  let my opponent win one game before calling it quits.Yes i'm a saint.

  • 16 months ago · Quote · #86

    Wawrinkaz


     realizing people they encounter online are just as human as the people they encounter in every day life, but...

     

     

    no. there's a big difference between people who you know and with whom you interact in real life and the completely anonymous avatars you encounter while playing internet blitz/bullet. it's not the same thing at all.

    obviously it's some human being behind some screen somewhere, but you have no information about this person whatsoever. or at least you're not supposed to have any information about them. you cannot talk with and/or interact with someone in real life and not have at least some information about them. and it's usually a considerable amount actually.

  • 16 months ago · Quote · #87

    Wawrinkaz

    I also don't understand why people would care all that much about rematches in the context of internet blitz/bullet

    for 99% of us it doesn't really mean anything. it's supposed to be fun/entertainment.

  • 16 months ago · Quote · #88

    Shivsky

    jposthuma wrote:

    Ok, I'm working on a little connect the dots here.

     

    If you want a rematch, I am assuming you

    Lost the first game. You probably want a rematch because you are upset about the loss, And you want revenge.

     

    Reality: this is a game! Instead of getting upset and spamming the rematch button, click the analysis button and figure out why you lost. Hope I helped.

    +1.

    Emotion motivates quite a few rematch requests!

  • 16 months ago · Quote · #89

    LongIslandMark

    I play 10 minute Blitz. I almost always accept one rematch (having either won or lost the first game) if there are no external factors (need a break, wife needs help with the dinner, etc.). If the opponent wants a third game and the first two were not fun, I'll chat "sorry - no rematch - I need a break".

  • 16 months ago · Quote · #90

    learningthemoves

    Wawrinkaz wrote:

     realizing people they encounter online are just as human as the people they encounter in every day life, but...

     

     

    no. there's a big difference between people who you know and with whom you interact in real life and the completely anonymous avatars you encounter while playing internet blitz/bullet. it's not the same thing at all.

    obviously it's some human being behind some screen somewhere, but you have no information about this person whatsoever. or at least you're not supposed to have any information about them. you cannot talk with and/or interact with someone in real life and not have at least some information about them. and it's usually a considerable amount actually.

    Thanks for proving my point. Whether you feel you have enough data about them to be able to "judge" them or not doesn't change anything about the fact they are a human being, just as I said. So saying, "no" to an established fact just won't cut it.

  • 16 months ago · Quote · #92

    macer75

    Thread title should be:

    You should be forced to accept rematches

  • 10 days ago · Quote · #93

    Commanderguy

    [COMMENT DELETED]
  • 10 days ago · Quote · #94

    devarishi

    I rarely play rematch, usually because i do not want to play another game straight away. The only reason might be that a player deserves one in my opinion, eg. Goofed and straight away resigned. but those situations are so rare. The option of starting a match, like i always do when i meet a chessbuddy in real life, would be a match with first to 6 victories. The rating consequences don't really matter if you just want to know who is the better player. The thing that bothers me at times is that players who have just won, request a rematch, that is just rude.

  • 10 days ago · Quote · #95

    macer75

    macer75 wrote:

    Thread title should be:

    You should be forced to accept rematches

    Looks like I killed this thread 15 months ago!

  • 10 days ago · Quote · #96

    YANQUI_UXO

    The irony of someone named TiSpaccoilCulo (ikickyourass) saying "i dont use chat they only use that for bad words" ah ah ah

    sei un grande!

  • 10 days ago · Quote · #97

    TheGrobe

    Commanderguy wrote:
    [COMMENT DELETED]

    Worst. Bump. Ever.

  • 10 days ago · Quote · #98

    Mr_Spocky

    Maybe this is a troll forum...


Back to Top

Post your reply: