Upgrade to Chess.com Premium!

Restricted Play


  • 2 years ago · Quote · #1

    kirby69

    How can you say that I'am intentionally aborting games and letting my opponents wait? I don not follow your fair game policy? This is all because of my internet connection! It's unfair for you to judge me like this!I hope you fix this chess.com!

  • 2 years ago · Quote · #2

    htdavidht

    Maybe it is time to consider getting a better internet service.

  • 20 months ago · Quote · #3

    egycottonbrocker

    kirby69 wrote:

    How can you say that I'am intentionally aborting games and letting my opponents wait? I don not follow your fair game policy? This is all because of my internet connection! It's unfair for you to judge me like this!I hope you fix this chess.com!

    yes , many times i losed games because of fail of internet connection

  • 20 months ago · Quote · #4

    Doggy_Style

    egycottonbrocker wrote:
    kirby69 wrote:

    How can you say that I'am intentionally aborting games and letting my opponents wait? I don not follow your fair game policy? This is all because of my internet connection! It's unfair for you to judge me like this!I hope you fix this chess.com!

    yes , many times i losed games because of fail of internet connection

    The quality of your connection, is your responsibility. If you cannot maintain a reliable connection, then you have three choices:

     

    1. Accept the consequences.

    2. Stop using the Live Chess facility.

    3. Improve your connection.

     

    Claiming that you are not responsible, when you clearly started the game in the full knowledge of the quality of your connection, does not absolve you from blame.

     

    Your connection, your game, your rating, your responsibility.

  • 20 months ago · Quote · #5

    Irontiger

    1- Read the 1000 forum topics that deal with the same problem

    2- If you want to reach specifically the moderators, and not the other members, use this : http://support.chess.com/Tickets/Submit/

    3- To get your play restricted, this must happen really often. So either you are indeed the kind of jerk the fair play policy wants to get out of that place (intentional abortions), or you have a really poor connection, in which case you would not be able to play correctly on the server because of the interruptions even if it waited for you.

    (disclaimer : the rest is just my opinion)

    So, as chess.com is not going to add an option of receiving moves via homing pigeons even if it is faster than internet for some people, we cannot do much for you. As I already wrote it elsewhere, discriminating on the basis of internet speed is not a big deal being given that internet websites are already discriminating on the basis of internet access. Would you go to court against a video chat provider that refuses you because your internet is too slow for their service ?

  • 20 months ago · Quote · #6

    eddysallin

    If only those lost chess games caused by my internet connection didn't count?  Why my rating would be......

  • 20 months ago · Quote · #7

    egycottonbrocker

    eddysallin wrote:

    If only those lost chess games caused by my internet connection didn't count?  Why my rating would be......

    not all time fail of internet connection from my side.

  • 20 months ago · Quote · #8

    Irontiger

    eddysallin wrote:

    If only those lost chess games caused by my internet connection didn't count?  Why my rating would be......

    Because if those games didn't count, I would never lose, except in the rare cases where I overlook a checkmate in one and forget to disconnect before it.

  • 20 months ago · Quote · #9

    eddysallin

    Irontiger wrote:
    eddysallin wrote:

    If only those lost chess games caused by my internet connection didn't count?  Why my rating would be......

    Because if those games didn't count, I would never lose, except in the rare cases where I overlook a checkmate in one and forget to disconnect before it.

    Well said !

  • 20 months ago · Quote · #10

    egycottonbrocker

    Cool

  • 20 months ago · Quote · #11

    kdl88

    It'd be interesting to see the games where the disconnect happened and whether the disconnector was winning or losing at the time in the majority of their games...

  • 20 months ago · Quote · #12

    egycottonbrocker

    kdlittle88 wrote:

    It'd be interesting to see the games where the disconnect happened and whether the disconnector was winning or losing at the time in the majority of their games...

    some times you feel tired  the nick is tired so at this time disconnecting is a chance for rest .

  • 20 months ago · Quote · #13

    Irontiger

    egycottonbrocker wrote:
    kdlittle88 wrote:

    It'd be interesting to see the games where the disconnect happened and whether the disconnector was winning or losing at the time in the majority of their games...

    some times you feel tired  the nick is tired so at this time disconnecting is a chance for rest .

    Usually, starting a game implies that you accept to play it until the time. And if that was the main reason, I would deduce that the blitz players are much less likely to disconnect as one game is only 10 min long than rapid / standard players, which is not the case.

    Anyways, that would more or less fall in the category "had a phone call, etc." : legitimate interruption (this is questionable), but in that case why do people feel suddenly tired when they lose ?

  • 20 months ago · Quote · #14

    egycottonbrocker

    Irontiger wrote:
    egycottonbrocker wrote:
    kdlittle88 wrote:

    It'd be interesting to see the games where the disconnect happened and whether the disconnector was winning or losing at the time in the majority of their games...

    some times you feel tired  the nick is tired so at this time disconnecting is a chance for rest .

    Usually, starting a game implies that you accept to play it until the time. And if that was the main reason, I would deduce that the blitz players are much less likely to disconnect as one game is only 10 min long than rapid / standard players, which is not the case.

    Anyways, that would more or less fall in the category "had a phone call, etc." : legitimate interruption (this is questionable), but in that case why do people feel suddenly tired when they lose ?

    but in that case why do people feel suddenly tired when they lose ? they feel tired because they are unhappy .

  • 20 months ago · Quote · #15

    Irontiger

    Yeah, sure.

    "It is really unfortunate that I get tired when I lose buddy, sorry for the wild disconnection, if you want us to play a whole game next evening, you have to let me win".

    This sounds to me like a poor try to rationalize the sore players' attitude.

  • 20 months ago · Quote · #16

    egycottonbrocker

    Irontiger wrote:

    Yeah, sure.

    "It is really unfortunate that I get tired when I lose buddy, sorry for the wild disconnection, if you want us to play a whole game next evening, you have to let me win".

    This sounds to me like a poor try to rationalize the sore players' attitude.

    yes , you win & let me win so the relation will continue


Back to Top

Post your reply: