Forums

Restricted Play

Sort:
kirby69

How can you say that I'am intentionally aborting games and letting my opponents wait? I don not follow your fair game policy? This is all because of my internet connection! It's unfair for you to judge me like this!I hope you fix this chess.com!

htdavidht

Maybe it is time to consider getting a better internet service.

egycottonbrocker
kirby69 wrote:

How can you say that I'am intentionally aborting games and letting my opponents wait? I don not follow your fair game policy? This is all because of my internet connection! It's unfair for you to judge me like this!I hope you fix this chess.com!

yes , many times i losed games because of fail of internet connection

Doggy_Style
egycottonbrocker wrote:
kirby69 wrote:

yes , many times i losed games because of fail of internet connection

The quality of your connection, is your responsibility. If you cannot maintain a reliable connection, then you have three choices:

1. Accept the consequences.

2. Stop using the Live Chess facility.

3. Improve your connection.

Claiming that you are not responsible, when you clearly started the game in the full knowledge of the quality of your connection, does not absolve you from blame.

Your connection, your game, your rating, your responsibility.

Irontiger

1- Read the 1000 forum topics that deal with the same problem

2- If you want to reach specifically the moderators, and not the other members, use this : http://support.chess.com/Tickets/Submit/

3- To get your play restricted, this must happen really often. So either you are indeed the kind of jerk the fair play policy wants to get out of that place (intentional abortions), or you have a really poor connection, in which case you would not be able to play correctly on the server because of the interruptions even if it waited for you.

(disclaimer : the rest is just my opinion)

So, as chess.com is not going to add an option of receiving moves via homing pigeons even if it is faster than internet for some people, we cannot do much for you. As I already wrote it elsewhere, discriminating on the basis of internet speed is not a big deal being given that internet websites are already discriminating on the basis of internet access. Would you go to court against a video chat provider that refuses you because your internet is too slow for their service ?

eddysallin

If only those lost chess games caused by my internet connection didn't count?  Why my rating would be......

egycottonbrocker
eddysallin wrote:

If only those lost chess games caused by my internet connection didn't count?  Why my rating would be......

not all time fail of internet connection from my side.

Irontiger
eddysallin wrote:

Because if those games didn't count, I would never lose, except in the rare cases where I overlook a checkmate in one and forget to disconnect before it.

eddysallin
Irontiger wrote:
eddysallin wrote:

Because if those games didn't count, I would never lose, except in the rare cases where I overlook a checkmate in one and forget to disconnect before it.

Well said !

egycottonbrocker

Cool

kdl88

It'd be interesting to see the games where the disconnect happened and whether the disconnector was winning or losing at the time in the majority of their games...

egycottonbrocker
kdlittle88 wrote:

It'd be interesting to see the games where the disconnect happened and whether the disconnector was winning or losing at the time in the majority of their games...

some times you feel tired  the nick is tired so at this time disconnecting is a chance for rest .

Irontiger
egycottonbrocker wrote:
kdlittle88 wrote:

some times you feel tired  the nick is tired so at this time disconnecting is a chance for rest .

Usually, starting a game implies that you accept to play it until the time. And if that was the main reason, I would deduce that the blitz players are much less likely to disconnect as one game is only 10 min long than rapid / standard players, which is not the case.

Anyways, that would more or less fall in the category "had a phone call, etc." : legitimate interruption (this is questionable), but in that case why do people feel suddenly tired when they lose ?

egycottonbrocker
Irontiger wrote:
egycottonbrocker wrote:
kdlittle88 wrote:

Usually, starting a game implies that you accept to play it until the time. And if that was the main reason, I would deduce that the blitz players are much less likely to disconnect as one game is only 10 min long than rapid / standard players, which is not the case.

Anyways, that would more or less fall in the category "had a phone call, etc." : legitimate interruption (this is questionable), but in that case why do people feel suddenly tired when they lose ?

but in that case why do people feel suddenly tired when they lose ? they feel tired because they are unhappy .

Irontiger

Yeah, sure.

"It is really unfortunate that I get tired when I lose buddy, sorry for the wild disconnection, if you want us to play a whole game next evening, you have to let me win".

This sounds to me like a poor try to rationalize the sore players' attitude.

egycottonbrocker
Irontiger wrote:

Yeah, sure.

"It is really unfortunate that I get tired when I lose buddy, sorry for the wild disconnection, if you want us to play a whole game next evening, you have to let me win".

This sounds to me like a poor try to rationalize the sore players' attitude.

yes , you win & let me win so the relation will continue