Forums

Should there be some minigames on chess.com?

Sort:
2200ismygoal

Mini Games = Tactical Study

ajttja

maybe

IDASP
macer75 wrote:

What? You don't think chess-themed fps and rpg games r a good idea?

Yep. I can't believe you even play rpg and fps games.

IDASP
B-Lamberth wrote:

No, no and no.
Regular chess has enough gaming value to last a lifetime.
If you want colourful games with powerups there are plenty of other good sites.

^ Agreed ^

DelayedResponse

I'm a kid, and I think that playing chess is fun. But these ideas are good ones, so maybe chess.com has all regular chess, but then maybe chess.com creates a new site (i.e. chessgames.com, of course, unless there already is one, I don't know many chess sites) for just variations of regular chess.

macer75
angrybirdstar wrote:

I'm a kid, and I think that playing chess is fun. But these ideas are good ones, so maybe chess.com has all regular chess, but then maybe chess.com creates a new site (i.e. chessgames.com, of course, unless there already is one, I don't know many chess sites) for just variations of regular chess.

But what about the fps and rpg games that I mentioned in my original post? Do you think they should also be available on "chessgames.com"? I certainly hope so.

DelayedResponse

Yeah, those games sounded like good ideas. So I think that they should be used. Now all we need is a contact in the chess.com admin staff...

macer75
angrybirdstar wrote:

Yeah, those games sounded like good ideas. So I think that they should be used. Now all we need is a contact in the chess.com admin staff...

O, and ur username also reminds me... we could also have an angry birds style game with chess pieces! But that might involve issues of copyright, so for now I'm fine with just having fps and rpg games.

ProfessorProfesesen

chess rpg? why don't they get a new UPS service, where for a small amount, some dude will come to your house and pull your leg?

macer75
ProfessorProfesesen wrote:

chess rpg? why don't they get a new UPS service, where for a small amount, some dude will come to your house and pull your leg?

What does that have to do with having chess rpgs on chess.com?

adamstask
angrybirdstar wrote:

angrybirdstar, there is indeed a chessgames.com and you should check it out. It is the 'go to' site for viewing the best chess games in the world. Enjoy!

DelayedResponse

This site is for chess MATCHES, which is why it said games. We're talking about video game type of games, not serious type of chess games.

DelayedResponse

But that site was a good one.

macer75
angrybirdstar wrote:

This site is for chess MATCHES, which is why it said games. We're talking about video game type of games, not serious type of chess games.

Yup. Finally, someone who likes the idea!

jivvi
macer75 wrote:

Name one place in the world where a majority of young people consider chess "exciting."

A school chess club?