Forums

10th Chess.com Tournament (1601-1800)

Sort:
Tricklev

I know this has been suggested, and I've seen some posts that claim it is possible, so here goes.

This tournament has been waiting for one player for a long time now, currently there are 3 games left, they all contain the same player, and every game is decided. We are now in very simple won positions, such as queen and king vs king, and other positions that are just not sensible to play out. However, it seems that both players are hellbent on continue playing, and we have been waiting for these games for a few months now, even though it's already obvious how they are going to end.

Is there any way for the tournament to go ahead into round 2 already, ending these games for the players, or just starting round 2 anyway, if it's already decided who will advance to the following round?

musicalhair

I was thinking about this too, not with regard to a specific tournament but just in general.  If all the people who will advance is already established, and their match ups established, so that the remaining games to be played have no influence on the next round, the next round ought to start, right? 

TheYear9876

this is rather a big flaw on chess.com. there does seem to be some, how can i put it?  awkward characters who seem to take a perverse  delight in holding precedings  up.i know it would mean  more  work for chess.com  staff but can;t  some  sort of appeal system be introduced to hurry  things  up a  bit?

Tricklev

Cmon, 2 games left, can't we just have round 2 started in this tournament?

Tricklev

Bump, start the next fkin round already.