Forums

Chess 960 - FIRST chess.com TOURNAMENT

Sort:
kokino

Do you like 960Chess (Fisher Ramdon Chess)?

(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chess960)

Would you like to try the fantastic experience? (Be aware that your knowledge about openings is useless here...and your rating will fall to 1200 again...:))

Then, now you have the opportunity to play on the first tournament here, in chess.com using this new feature.

Be quick and join, only 100 players are allowed! :)

(click here)

Chess960 Tournament1st Chess 960 TOURNAMENT

Hope to see you there!

erik

i went to join... and found a bug. we'll fix it asap!

kokino

Well, I have had to change some parameters... as it was asking for at least 5 games on 960chess (obviously nobody has any yet) but I have fixed it simply setting it up to 0.

alexandrumag

i tried to join a few seconds ago and it still won't let me because of the 5 games requirement...

alexandrumag

hm...i tried again and it worked...weird...anyway...good luck everybody

eddiewsox

I tried to join and got a message that said "you must have completed 5 online chess games". I've completed almost 2400.

oinquarki

I joined the instant I saw it. This is going to be awesome!

kokino

I have changed it again... down to 0... let's see if everybody is allowed to join now. :)

kokino

Only 25 spots at this moment (75 players registered)

I will answer a repetitive question:

-"Your online rating won't be affected! 960chess and standard chess will have different stats as in Live with Blitz, Long and Quick"

- "Therefore, if you haven't played a single 960Chess game here in chess.com your rating will be 1200"

ADK

I will join if you make it unrated. : )

ADK

kokino

your current online rating is not affected!

960Chess has a completly different rating account... so you will start with 1200 as everybody else...

Narz

I want to start one too but I need to think of a good theme for trophies.

ADK

I know that there is a different rating account, but I would like it to be unrated.

ADK

Narz

I also started a big ol' shuffle tourney! Smile

If you can't join the first, join mine (or join both like I did!)

http://www.chess.com/tournament/shuffle-madness