Forums

My Online Tournaments enhancements

Sort:
ozzie_c_cobblepot

Some possible enhancements:

1. Have a graphic to indicate which tourneys are multi-round (like invitational and thematic).
2. Add a column for "Total games left in this tournament". For multi-round tournaments, this would be total games left for the current round.
3. Add a column for "Total games for me left in this tournament". Similarly, for multi-round tourneys, this would be total games left for me for the current round.

erik

thanks for making suggestions!! 

1. so, i think all tournaments are multi-round as long as there are more players than there are max players per group... i guess we could icon that...

2. i think we have this... look here: http://www.chess.com/tournament/1st-chesscom-quick-knockouts-1001-1200 - it shows 33 remanining games.

3. you should be able to see this, as the tournament homepage shows you the pairings and how many games are in progress.

maybe i am missing something? 

broze

Proceed to the following round when all games can have no effect on the pairings/groups in the next round.

ozzie_c_cobblepot

Erik, I am talking about the "My Online Tournaments" page, which lists all of the tournaments you are entered into in summary. For #2 and #3, I agree that the information is already there, but you have to click into each tournament to retrieve it - I'm wondering if it might be easy to put it in the summary page.

Does this make any sense at all?

erik
i see. i'll think about it. i'm not sure we have column space for it :( how would you fit it in?
ozzie_c_cobblepot
Can you combine it into the "% done" column? It is all related. 90% done, 1 game left for me, 9 games left total.
So instead of "% done" column with 90 value,
rename the column to "remaining" and have the value be "90% / 1 / 9"

Or have your usability people come up with something better. :-)

erik

our usability people = me :)

noted! 

Baseballfan
FWIW, I am also in favor of this. I think Ozzie's idea will work, unless there are some technical difficulties that I am unaware of.
ozzie_c_cobblepot
Erik, if you do implement this, there is the key difference between "How many games are going on for me right now in this tournament" compared with "How many games are there left for me in this tournament" (Only is a difference when the games are not concurrent).
erik
which is more important?
ozzie_c_cobblepot
I'm thinking "current games for me in current round". What I'm basically trying to answer is "can I enter another tournament" by first asking "how many tournament games do I have going on right now". Also, for non-concurrent tourneys, the next game starts right away, so it's not like the "current games for me in current round" variable ever goes up.
Of course in multi-round tourneys, all bets are off.

erik
ok. thank you! we'll work on this stuff.
macrahe

Erik, is this something you guys are still looking into? I agree with ozzie that the "My Current Tournaments" overview could be improved by adding info on the number of games remaining.

If your concern is column space, I would argue that "rating range" is probably something most people could do without for tournaments already in progress (as tournaments tend to take months to complete and the range may no longer be relevant after a while, anyway).

Any thoughts?