Forums

Ratings team tourneys in up to 10 bands!!!

Sort:
wallyjack

Hi my friends,

Due to the staggering response from groups & teams to my trialling 3 tourneys in specific ratings bands,I am proposing to stage more tourneys of this ilk in as many as 10 ratings bands! I must be bloody mad!! LOLLaughing Hopefully this will encourage more teams,especially the less numerous ones,to participate in what I hope is fairer team matches.If you would like to view the 3 ratings bands site so that you can see the structure,rules,format,etc,and,hopefully,like the idea of what you see and would be interested in entering a team or teams in future ratings team tourneys,then here is the link:-

http://www.chess.com/groups/home/wallyjacks-site-for-registration-of-teams-for-the-team-ratings-categories-ko

Thank you for taking the time and the trouble to read this forum and that you'll be entering teamsSmile.

wallyjackCool (Mike)

P.S. Anyone know of a reasonably priced psychiatrist???!!! LOLLaughing

NimzoRoy

I think you have a great idea, more power to you if you have the time & energy to create these tnmts for everyone else to play in.

PS: Forget the shrink - a bottle of Bombay Gin, Wild Turkey Rye, or a single-malt Scotch is a lot cheaper and probably just as effective.

vijaykulkarni

Cool Indian Marauders

vijaykulkarni

Band widths are narrow.. we could keep minimum players to 3

Kikyo_Sushi

I think it doesn't matter how many Bands there r ... as long as Teams r willing to participate ... the More d Better ! ... more Choices for All .

.. U make them ,we join them ! Cool

If there's no Response for any 1 Band,juz scrap that one .( might be a bit of a waste of time but not much,I think )

.. minimum 3 Players seems a bit low for a Competition ( to me ie.) ... juz my Opinion tho.

Tnx Soooo Much for yr Time/Efforts/Enthusiasm  etcccc in Creating them ! Smile