Upgrade to Chess.com Premium!

The Women's World Chess Championship of 2012

• 17 months ago · Quote · #201

Conflagration_Planet

CalamityChristie wrote:
    Conflagration_Planet wrote:

I believe it was Monster with no name.

you shouldn't really take seriously what is written by a monster that hasn't got a name, checkmating skills, logic, plus way too many other things to list.

True. :)

• 17 months ago · Quote · #202

Samsch

CalamityChristie wrote:

I believe it was Monster with no name.

you shouldn't really take seriously what is written by a monster that hasn't got a name, checkmating skills, logic, plus way too many other things to list.

True. :)

lolololol

• 17 months ago · Quote · #203

trysts

Hello, everyoneSmile I want to thank everyone who has contributed to this thread thus far! It's much more fun reading y'all than reading myselfWink

The Kosintseva sisters did not play all the way to the "armageddon game". In fact there were three victories between them once the tie-breaks began. Below is the game which won it for Nadezhda:

• 17 months ago · Quote · #204

trysts

Here is Huang Qian eliminating Irina Krush from the tournament:

• 17 months ago · Quote · #205

Scottrf

Quite a pawn formation Qian achieved.

• 17 months ago · Quote · #206

trysts

Our final winner of the day to move on to the quarterfinals is Ju Wenjun, eliminating Natalia Zhukova:

• 17 months ago · Quote · #207

trysts

Here are my picks for the final:

Antoaneta Stefanova vs Nadezhda Kosintseva

Of course, I may have just jinxed themLaughing

• 17 months ago · Quote · #208

Scottrf

Not impressed by Zhukova's endgame play there at all. May as well resign as trade rooks, surely she knows the pawn endgame is hopeless.

• 17 months ago · Quote · #209

trysts

Scottrf wrote:

Not impressed by Zhukova's endgame play there at all. May as well resign as trade rooks, surely she knows the pawn endgame is hopeless.

Yes, it was odd the way she traded rooks? It seemed by move 30 that white had a big advantage at this level with the queen pawns disappearing for black.

• 17 months ago · Quote · #210

trysts

THETUBESTER wrote:

Why isn't the Chinese men in chess just as strong as the women? 

The men have had two 2700 players, whereas Yifan Hou's best rating was 2639.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chess_in_China

• 17 months ago · Quote · #211

trysts

THETUBESTER wrote:
    trysts wrote:
    THETUBESTER wrote:

Why isn't the Chinese men in chess just as strong as the women? 

The men have had two 2700 players, whereas Yifan Hou's best rating was 2639.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chess_in_China

So you are not in favor of binding Chinese men's feet? 

Doesn't it seem that there is much more stronger ( in general ) Chinese women than men?

Sorry, but I don't joke about those things, THETUBESTER.

• 17 months ago · Quote · #212

Scottrf

Ohhhhh, tubey got told!

• 17 months ago · Quote · #213

trysts

I'm not angry, John. It's just my view.

• 17 months ago · Quote · #214

Scottrf

Ha!

She's not angry, just disappointed.

• 17 months ago · Quote · #215

trysts

I was speaking about the horrible practice of binding the feet, to be clear. But, I would have to disagree w/ you about Chinese women doing better than the men, since there are higher rated men than women in China. Isn't that how these things are decided--who has the higher rating?

• 17 months ago · Quote · #216

Doggy_Style

If you took the top 5 men against the top 5 women in China, the women would win.

Funny. Laughing

• 17 months ago · Quote · #217

trysts

THETUBESTER wrote:

Yes, but what about the sexes as a whole?  Chinese women do much better in chess than Chinese men.  If you took the top 5 men against the top 5 women in China, the women would win. 

Side note: what shoe size do you wear?

I would say that Yifan Hou can beat all the top guys in China, but I would also say they can beat her. In the Gibralter tournament this year(best tournament I've ever watched), Hou beat something like four 2700s. 

Side note: What?!Laughing I can do seven and a half, or eight.

• 17 months ago · Quote · #218

Scottrf

THETUBESTER wrote:

Yes, but what about the sexes as a whole?  Chinese women do much better in chess than Chinese men.  If you took the top 5 men against the top 5 women in China, the women would win. 

?

There are 9 Chinese men above 2600, 1 woman, 22 men above 2500, 5 women.

5th best man; 2682, 5th best woman; 2501.

• 17 months ago · Quote · #219

SmyslovFan

China finished fourth in the Men's Olympiad and second in the Women's Olympiad. Both were excellent results. China is only slightly behind Russia in terms of playing strength regardless of gender.

Not quite sure why the Chinese Men's team is not respected as much here.

• 17 months ago · Quote · #220

trysts

THETUBESTER wrote:

Hmmmm.  That's exactly 4 more than I beat there.  :(

My sister and her husband own a shoe store here in Iowa.  They say that every woman that comes into the store says she's a size 7.....until they bring out a size 7 and my brother in law realizes he should be easing the woman's foot into the shoe box instead of the shoe.

Laughing

Also, as others are pointing out the strength of the Chinese men and women at chess, it should be noted that in the 2012 Biel International tournament this past August, Wang Hao finished first in a field which included Carlsen, Giri, and Nakamura.

Post your reply: