Upgrade to Chess.com Premium!

The Women's World Chess Championship of 2012

• 21 months ago · Quote · #101

CalamityChristie

white can play Nb2 then i think, but black has the trade on d4 followed by a bishop sac when the pawn is motoring

• 21 months ago · Quote · #102

trysts

Kateryn Lahno and Nadezhda Kosinsteva also go to tie breaks tomorrow. So, of the top five seeded players, four go to tie-breaks, and one is out! 

Edit: Lahno lost!

• 21 months ago · Quote · #103

trysts

Oops! Add Zhao Xue also goes to tie-breaks tomorrow.She is the number four seedWink

• 21 months ago · Quote · #104

trysts

Houdini now evaluates Natalija Pogonina's position as +2.06!

• 21 months ago · Quote · #105

trysts

Irina Krush's position is also evaluated as a significant advantage by Houdini: +1.67!  Turning into a bad day for former and current world champions

• 21 months ago · Quote · #107

trysts

Viktorija Cmilyte, the number eight seed is out of the tournament, losing to Huang Qian!

Chess.com contributor, Natalija Pogonina just won! 

• 21 months ago · Quote · #108

trysts

Earlier I mistakenly said that Kateryna Lahno is playing a tie break tomorrow, but the number five seed is out of the tournament, beaten by Lela Javakhishvili!Surprised

So, the number 2, 5, and 8 seeds are gone. One former world champion-- Alexandra Kosteniuk--is out of the tournament!

edit: It's still early in the morningWink

• 21 months ago · Quote · #109

trysts

Irina Krush wins to go to tie-breakers w/ Pia Cramling.

11 out of 16 games were wins today.

• 21 months ago · Quote · #110

trysts

Okay, having played through all the games fairly quickly I liked the game below, because I understood it more...I thinkSmile

• 21 months ago · Quote · #111

johnyoudell

Hope it does not put the mockers on her but I am starting to fancy our own Natalya Pogonina for the title. :D

• 21 months ago · Quote · #113

trysts

pfren wrote:

Yup, Nino, my ex-teammate, went fine today- although the game was decided by the bad blunder 21...Bd5?? which throws away the exchange and a pawn.

Why doesn't this work?: 22. Nxb6  Bxb3  23. Rc3 Nd5. It seems like black should get one pawn for the R/N exchange.

• 21 months ago · Quote · #114

trysts

Okay, so I just woke up and found out that Yifan Hou is out of the tournament. Anna Muzychuk is also out of the tournament. I'm going back to bedCry

• 21 months ago · Quote · #115

johnyoudell

Going back to bed is always a good option. :)

But, hey, look at the cool players that are still in. And think how excited the ladies pulling off the big upsets are going to be.

Pick a new favourite to root for.

(And what an excellent site to watch the tournament on. Props to the organisers.)

• 21 months ago · Quote · #116

Samsch

trysts wrote:

Okay, so I just woke up and found out that Yifan Hou is out of the tournament. Anna Muzychuk is also out of the tournament. I'm going back to bed

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! NOT HOU!!!!!!!

• 21 months ago · Quote · #117

pdela

this things happen in KO tourneys, if Alexander Khalifman was world champ. Also closed tourneys should rotate the people the invite to play

• 21 months ago · Quote · #118

pdela

I guess Xue Zhao is currently the highest rated player

• 21 months ago · Quote · #119

trysts

I'm going to take johnyoudell's advice and choose Socko against Pogonina for the final. If you can beat Yifan Hou 3-1, then you have to be one of the favorites against the current Olympic gold medalist and Russian champion.

• 21 months ago · Quote · #120

pdela

trysts escribió:

I'm going to take johnyoudell's advice and choose Socko against Pogonina for the final. If you can beat Yifan Hou 3-1, then you have to be one of the favorites against the current Olympic gold medalist and Russian champion.

nope

Post your reply: