Upgrade to Chess.com Premium!

The Women's World Chess Championship of 2012

• 22 months ago · Quote · #121

trysts

Okay, so I just woke up. Pogonina and Socko have lost the first game of their matches with Anna Ushenina and Antoaneta Stefanova. I must be the biggest jinx in the world...Cry

• 22 months ago · Quote · #122

Samsch

trysts wrote:

Okay, so I just woke up. Pogonina and Socko have lost the first game of their matches with Anna Ushenina and Antoaneta Stefanova. I must be the biggest jinx in the world...

lololol, but yes, sad at the same time :(

• 22 months ago · Quote · #123

trysts

The above is a neat game I just played through from today's round between Maria Sebag and Alisa GalliamovaWink

• 22 months ago · Quote · #124

trysts

Samsch wrote:

After thinking about it there is a real good chance that it's all pdela's fault. That seems more logicalLaughing

• 22 months ago · Quote · #125

Samsch

trysts wrote:
    Samsch wrote:

After thinking about it there is a real good chance that it's all pdela's fault. That seems more logical

lol

• 22 months ago · Quote · #126

johnyoudell

Natalya's loss was pretty bad. Seemed OK out of the opening but then just outmanoevred with a steadily worse and worse position and just no counterplay at all ending with a rather dispiriting trapped queen.

But I have faith. It was with the black pieces and she is playing well as white.

Irina Krush seems to be having a good run.

• 22 months ago · Quote · #127

trysts

Here are what I see as two problems pertaining to the broadcast of the women's world chess championship tournament at the original website:

1. Alexandr Khalifman analyses positions without showing the board. He'll go from game to game without the game board being shown, so there is no way for people like me to understand. When the commentators do settle on a more extensive analyses, they then show the board in the lower right-hand corner. 

2. When they take a break during the broadcast, they show a montage w/ something like dance music in the background. Classical music w/ jessicafischer-type of documentary segments about the history of the women's world championship would be much better, in my view.

• 22 months ago · Quote · #128

trysts

johnyoudell wrote:

Irina Krush seems to be having a good run.

Irina is an American, so I can't root for her on principle. But here is her win today:

• 22 months ago · Quote · #129

pdela

trysts escribió:
    Samsch wrote:

After thinking about it there is a real good chance that it's all pdela's fault. That seems more logical

how can it be pdela's fault?

• 22 months ago · Quote · #130

Ruby-Fischer

Shame there is a complete lack of British players.... still there is one european doing well.  Smile 

I didn't even realise there was any commentary, I just picked a couple of games to flick between. Good coverage I thought. Easy to work out what was happening. 

• 22 months ago · Quote · #131

trysts

pdela wrote:

how can it be pdela's fault?

The tail, horns, and pitchfork perhaps?Wink

• 22 months ago · Quote · #132

trysts

Hi Ruby-FischerSmile

• 22 months ago · Quote · #133

Ruby-Fischer

Hi Trysts, welcome back Laughing

• 22 months ago · Quote · #134

trysts

The Kosintseva sisters have now played each other 11 times. All games have been draws. They may have to play an "armageddon game" to decide this matchLaughing

• 22 months ago · Quote · #135

Ruby-Fischer

Their game was a bit boring. I feel a bit sorry for them, having to play each other, still I suppose they both entered so it was going to happen...

• 22 months ago · Quote · #136

trysts

Ruby-Fischer wrote:

Their game was a bit boring. I feel a bit sorry for them, having to play each other, still I suppose they both entered so it was going to happen...

True. Out of the eleven games they played against each other, today's game was the longest, by far. All ten games previous to this one, were agreed draw in 15 moves or less, w/ three games drawn in 9 moves or less!

• 22 months ago · Quote · #137

Scottrf

I don't really get it, I wouldn't take it easy on my brother, and vice versa.

• 22 months ago · Quote · #138

pdela

Hello Ruby-Fischer!!

• 22 months ago · Quote · #139

Ruby-Fischer

Hi Pdela, nice to see your taking an interest in the womens chess championships. Smile

• 22 months ago · Quote · #140

trysts

Scottrf wrote:

I don't really get it, I wouldn't take it easy on my brother, and vice versa.

It kind of reminds me of Serena versus Venus in tennis. Each time they played each other it seemed like the matches were filled with errors, probably because of nerves. They never seemed to play really good tennis whenever they played each other. 

Post your reply: