Forums

The Women's World Chess Championship of 2012

Sort:
pdela
trysts escribió:
Samsch wrote:

lololol, but yes, sad at the same time :(

After thinking about it there is a real good chance that it's all pdela's fault. That seems more logical

how can it be pdela's fault?

Ruby-Fischer

Shame there is a complete lack of British players.... still there is one european doing well.  Smile 

I didn't even realise there was any commentary, I just picked a couple of games to flick between. Good coverage I thought. Easy to work out what was happening. 

trysts
pdela wrote:

how can it be pdela's fault?

The tail, horns, and pitchfork perhaps?Wink

trysts

Hi Ruby-FischerSmile

Ruby-Fischer

Hi Trysts, welcome back Laughing

trysts

The Kosintseva sisters have now played each other 11 times. All games have been draws. They may have to play an "armageddon game" to decide this matchLaughing

Ruby-Fischer

Their game was a bit boring. I feel a bit sorry for them, having to play each other, still I suppose they both entered so it was going to happen...

trysts
Ruby-Fischer wrote:

Their game was a bit boring. I feel a bit sorry for them, having to play each other, still I suppose they both entered so it was going to happen...

True. Out of the eleven games they played against each other, today's game was the longest, by far. All ten games previous to this one, were agreed draw in 15 moves or less, w/ three games drawn in 9 moves or less!

Scottrf

I don't really get it, I wouldn't take it easy on my brother, and vice versa.

pdela

Hello Ruby-Fischer!!

Ruby-Fischer

Hi Pdela, nice to see your taking an interest in the womens chess championships. Smile

trysts
Scottrf wrote:

I don't really get it, I wouldn't take it easy on my brother, and vice versa.

It kind of reminds me of Serena versus Venus in tennis. Each time they played each other it seemed like the matches were filled with errors, probably because of nerves. They never seemed to play really good tennis whenever they played each other. 

Scottrf

Draws under 15 moves sounds like collusion, not nerves.

Ruby-Fischer

Draws in 9 moves sounds very dubious.. 

trysts
Scottrf wrote:

Draws under 15 moves sounds like collusion, not nerves.

I agree that collusion cannot be overlooked. Makes ya' wonder what is going to happen in that matchWink

trysts

Here is their most recent game, before today. Tatiana and Nadezhda are grandmasters. Is the game below an example of collusion? 

Ruby-Fischer

bd6 at move 9 looks like playing for a draw to me, clever draw though :)

electricpawn

Grandmaster draw, no question. What is their situation in the tournament? Maybe they have some tough games ahead agreed to take a game off.

trysts

In the 2010 superfinal, the exact fourteen moves of the above game were played by the sisters. In fact they played this opening 7 times against each other for draws. They weren't even hiding the collusion!Laughing

trysts
electricpawn wrote:

Grandmaster draw, no question. What is their situation in the tournament? Maybe they have some tough games ahead agreed to take a game off.

They are matched against each other in the third round, which started today. This is a "knockout tournament", so one of them is going to have to win their mini-match.