Scottrf

Ohhhhh, tubey got told!

trysts

I'm not angry, John. It's just my view.

Scottrf

Ha!

She's not angry, just disappointed.

trysts

I was speaking about the horrible practice of binding the feet, to be clear. But, I would have to disagree w/ you about Chinese women doing better than the men, since there are higher rated men than women in China. Isn't that how these things are decided--who has the higher rating?

Doggy_Style

If you took the top 5 men against the top 5 women in China, the women would win.

Funny. Laughing

trysts
THETUBESTER wrote:

Yes, but what about the sexes as a whole?  Chinese women do much better in chess than Chinese men.  If you took the top 5 men against the top 5 women in China, the women would win. 

Side note: what shoe size do you wear?

I would say that Yifan Hou can beat all the top guys in China, but I would also say they can beat her. In the Gibralter tournament this year(best tournament I've ever watched), Hou beat something like four 2700s. 

Side note: What?!Laughing I can do seven and a half, or eight.

Scottrf
THETUBESTER wrote:

Yes, but what about the sexes as a whole?  Chinese women do much better in chess than Chinese men.  If you took the top 5 men against the top 5 women in China, the women would win. 

?

There are 9 Chinese men above 2600, 1 woman, 22 men above 2500, 5 women.

5th best man; 2682, 5th best woman; 2501.

SmyslovFan

China finished fourth in the Men's Olympiad and second in the Women's Olympiad. Both were excellent results. China is only slightly behind Russia in terms of playing strength regardless of gender.

Not quite sure why the Chinese Men's team is not respected as much here.

trysts
THETUBESTER wrote:

Hmmmm.  That's exactly 4 more than I beat there.  :(

My sister and her husband own a shoe store here in Iowa.  They say that every woman that comes into the store says she's a size 7.....until they bring out a size 7 and my brother in law realizes he should be easing the woman's foot into the shoe box instead of the shoe.

Laughing

Also, as others are pointing out the strength of the Chinese men and women at chess, it should be noted that in the 2012 Biel International tournament this past August, Wang Hao finished first in a field which included Carlsen, Giri, and Nakamura.

trysts
THETUBESTER wrote:

I respect the men's team, but i feel comparatively speaking, the women edge them out a little.  Pay no mind to Scott's facts.  Facts are useless tools to dissuade someone into believing falsehoods.   :(

Yes, facts are the rocks that children throw at fictionLaughing

Scottrf
THETUBESTER wrote:

Is Wang a boy or girl?  Guessing by the American take on that name, probably boy?

You really think Carlsen has finished behind a girl in a tournament in the past decade?

Scottrf
THETUBESTER wrote:
Scottrf wrote:
THETUBESTER wrote:

Is Wang a boy or girl?  Guessing by the American take on that name, probably boy?

You really think Carlsen has finished behind a girl in a tournament in the past decade?

I did read somewhere that Kosteniuk destroyed him in a blitz tournament a couple years ago? 

Scottrf

She beat him in one game, he blundered a rook, tried to change it but had already touched the piece:

http://www.chessgames.com/perl/chessgame?gid=1563977

trysts

Much more impressive was Kosteniuk's win over Aronian in that tournamentWink

trysts

I haven't figured out how to put videos up, but here's the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlQg9AQTeHA

trysts

Well I tried to post the video again, but I failedFrown

@John:In blitz, an international master probably has better chances than any of usLaughing

trysts

Though, I should say that I can probably beat Carlsen in a drunken chess game as long as I'm pouring the drinksWink

trysts

What public are you referring to?

trysts

Let me have a few drinks first before I consider it. Extraordinary proposals deserve an extraordinary amount of alcoholLaughing

trysts

THETUBESTER is now blocked from this threadLaughing