Your Games Analzyed with Women's Grandmaster Tatev Abrahamyan is LIVE on Chess.com/TV Click here to watch!
Upgrade to Chess.com Premium!

The Women's World Chess Championship of 2012

• 23 months ago · Quote · #782

Quasimorphy

Draw in game one of the tie-break. Ushenina had a considerable time advantage for much of the game, but it evened out toward the end. Came down to a 2 bishops and pawns/player endgame that went on for quite a few moves. I doubt Stefanova was happy with a draw with White. Next game has already started.

• 23 months ago · Quote · #783

Scottrf

Anna has an easy endgame to become Women's World Champion.

• 23 months ago · Quote · #784

Quasimorphy

And Ushenina does win. New Women's World Champion Anna Ushenina. Not a bad result for the #30 seed.

• 23 months ago · Quote · #785

Doggy_Style

Quasimorphy wrote:

And Ushenina does win. New Women's World Champion Anna Ushenina. Not a bad result for the #30 seed.

Damn it! that means the pretty one lost, yeah?

• 23 months ago · Quote · #786

Scottrf

Yeah.

Anna still wearing the same red jumper. I wonder if it ever gets washed.

• 23 months ago · Quote · #787

Doggy_Style

Scottrf wrote:

Yeah.

I'm betting that it gets washed every night, in the sink with a handful of Persil. Nothing's too good for these leviathans of chess.

• 23 months ago · Quote · #788

Stevie65

Thats how i get washed

• 23 months ago · Quote · #789

Quasimorphy

She wore something else for yesterday's game. There was some study done that showed that wearing red actually gives a person an edge in sports. Don't know if that holds for chess though.

• 23 months ago · Quote · #790

Stevie65

With a rheindeer on the front..

• 23 months ago · Quote · #791

pdela

very good trysts is not here to tell us who the champion is

• 23 months ago · Quote · #792

Scottrf

I don't wanna be too harsh on her because she seems nice, but frankly she is useless.

• 23 months ago · Quote · #793

pdela

Doggy_Style escribió:
    Scottrf wrote:

Yeah.

I'm betting that it gets washed every night, in the sink with a handful of Persil. Nothing's too good for these leviathans of chess.

not, imagine you wash and you start to lose, are you mad or what happens?

• 23 months ago · Quote · #794

pdela

Scottrf escribió:

I don't wanna be too harsh on her because she seems nice, but frankly she is useless.

funny thing is that he hadn't slept some nights to watch the matchs and the day of the resolution it seems she is sleeping it off

• 23 months ago · Quote · #796

Doggy_Style

Ushenina now automatically has the GM title bestowed upon her.

The requirements for becoming a Grandmaster are somewhat complex. A player must have attained an Elo rating of at least 2500 (although they need not maintain this level to obtain or keep the title). In addition, at least two favorable results (called norms) from a total of at least 27 games in tournaments involving other Grandmasters, including some from countries other than the applicant's, are usually required before FIDE will confer the title on a player. There are other milestones a player can achieve to get the title, such as winning the Women's World Championship, the World Junior Championship, or the World Senior Championship. Current regulations can be found in the FIDE Handbook.

(Wikipedia)

• 23 months ago · Quote · #797

trysts

I'm watching the rebroadcast. Thanks to everyone's contributions in this thread! Below is the rapid game which Anna Ushenina used to win the Women's World Chess Championship:

• 23 months ago · Quote · #798

pdela

Doggy_Style escribió:

Ushenina now automatically has the GM title bestowed upon her.

The requirements for becoming a Grandmaster are somewhat complex. A player must have attained an Elo rating of at least 2500 (although they need not maintain this level to obtain or keep the title). In addition, at least two favorable results (called norms) from a total of at least 27 games in tournaments involving other Grandmasters, including some from countries other than the applicant's, are usually required before FIDE will confer the title on a player. There are other milestones a player can achieve to get the title, such as winning the Women's World Championship, the World Junior Championship, or the World Senior Championship. Current regulations can be found in the FIDE Handbook.

(Wikipedia)

Nice, I wanted to ask for that point

• 23 months ago · Quote · #799

rooperi

Doggy_Style wrote:

Ushenina now automatically has the GM title bestowed upon her......

That's GM, not WGM, right?

• 23 months ago · Quote · #800

pdela

rooperi escribió:
    Doggy_Style wrote:

Ushenina now automatically has the GM title bestowed upon her......

That's GM, not WGM, right?

yes, she was already IM which needs more or less same requirements than WGM

Post your reply: