Forums

Welcome to the Tournaments Discussion Forum

Sort:
your_mom_is_a_joke
Is there any way we could BAN timeouts in tourneys? Cuz they really drag games out forever.
Mongo13
Just joined a tournament, and I guess I didn't pay enough attention to it, as it seemed like way too many games at once, against a bunch of much higher ranked opponents, that I wouldn't have taken on all at once, or at the outset of my chess.com experience.  It was touted as "a lot of fun" to join, but I am afraid it turned out to be more than I bargained for, and I am pretty sure newbies like me probably feel the same way.  Any way to forewarn prospective tournament entrants of the hazards of entering (# of games, types of opponents, etc.)?
mphilliber
What do the 'tie breaker' numbers mean?
erik
mphilliber wrote: What do the 'tie breaker' numbers mean?

have you clicked on HELP and then typed in "tie break"? :)

jay
Well, he will eventually lose all his games on time and then the tournament can continue. Did he also put himself on vacation before he left?
El_Plan5

Hello Gentleman,

I'm in a mini-tournament here at work (8 players).

one player has involuntarily left.

what can we do as far as his 5 games he had pending?

Does anyone do?

please advice :) I'd apreciate your input very much.

many thanks in advanced.

El_Plan5

jay
Well, he will eventually lose all his games on time and then the tournament can continue. Did he also put himself on vacation before he left?
Piri

The games in the first round of our group of the tournament are finished, and we are are waiting for the pools to finish their games, to advance to the next round. However, I'm wanting to withdraw before the next round begins. Will I be penalised for doing so?

jay
Nope, you will not be.
kohai

Jay, even though i won my first round in the 1201 - 1400 tournament, i withdrew.. but i didn't un-tick the "track this forum topic" box first..

Now i've withdrawn, that tick box option has vanished and i'm still getting new post notices. Any way of stopping this ?

jay
I'll see what I can do about that. thanks for letting me know.
kohai
Thanks Jay
HomeboyHolmes
why are some people taking sooooooooo long to finish their games???
toprookie
urm..juz wanna ask..i am still a noob here..so..how can I enter a tournament..??thx!
streetfighterchess84
Lord-Svenstikov wrote: I would like to see friends tournaments. If I could create a private one, that I could invite people into I would very much enjoy it. Maybe that is already one of the premium features.

create your own tourny and you can invite youe friends,i did it and it cool

Checkers4Me
This information may be posted somewhere, but does anyone know the maximum number of tournaments each premium level can join? I know that gold is 10, but I am unsure of the others.
jay
Gold/Silver is 10, Plat Diamond is unlimited.
Checkers4Me

Thanks Jay,

Also, does this take into account tournaments that are still current, but ones in which you have been eliminated? Actually, I guess there are two ways to be considered eliminated 1) All games in group are finished and those who do not advance are eliminated. 2) A player has finished their games and mathematically, they cannot advance. Perhaps, if not already done, we could factor both of these into what counts as a current tournament. 

Hope this makes sense.

jay
Yeah, this is on our radar to look into. 2 is not likely to happen, as its quite a programming feat to try and compute whether people are statistically eliminated yet or not, but I think we will try and make #1 happen.
kohai
kohai wrote:

Jay, even though i won my first round in the 1201 - 1400 tournament, i withdrew.. but i didn't un-tick the "track this forum topic" box first..

Now i've withdrawn, that tick box option has vanished and i'm still getting new post notices. Any way of stopping this ?

Jay, this issue hasn't been resolved. I'm still getting notifications about that tourney.