Forums

Welcome to the Tournaments Discussion Forum

Sort:
kohai

Just wait for people to join now. You have it set to auto start, so it'll begin once the required amount of players have joined.

In the tournaments page, from top of the same page going downward;

Tournaments i am currently directing

My current tournaments

my completed tournaments

Current tournaments

Upcoming tournaments

They are all in that order from top of the page going down, you just need to scroll down the page to see them all.

Skand

I created a tournament (for the first time) and I want to delete because it is not what I wanted. Can't find a place where to do this. Please help.

kohai

Skand, go into the tournaments page, top of the page where it says "tournaments i am currently directing".

Click on the name of the tournament you want to delete.

This opens the page for you to edit. As long as the tournament hasn't already started, on the right side menu options, it says "delete/cancel tournamant"

kohai

Found it ?

Skand
kohai wrote:

Found it ?

Yes, thanks. (I should have tracked this forum topic when I asked the question - was waiting for an alert, mistakenly).

Skand

Hi,

How can I make a tournament "invite only" for my group?

Skand

Don't bother! Got it - it was in the same place.

cretin_international

I suggest to the chess. com staff this option for this wonderfull site. : It would be nice to have the option to be able to remove from the tounaments listing the ones we do not want to be listed in or tournaments menu.After a while , I get confused with the tournaments I am still in and I want to track and the ones I got eliminated and I have no interest to follow. Confused? Since September, I had registered for about 30 tournaments and got eliminated so far from about 20. I do not wish to track the ones I am out, so It will be nice to be able to remove them. Like this I will not be confused with the ones I am still in.

blowerd

If your in a group of two and both players win one match each do both players advance? 

xiii-Dex

yes

rootbeersloat

I do not understand the tournament format system.  What does 6(2)->1 or 2(1)->1 mean?  Thanks in advance!

artfizz
rootbeersloat wrote:

I do not understand the tournament format system.  What does 6(2)->1 or 2(1)->1 mean?  Thanks in advance!

Erik wrote (in post #76):

the first number is how many people are in a group. the second number is how many games they play at once per person (either 1, or 2). the third is how many people advance to the next round.

rootbeersloat

Thanks for the info!

jdeuxl

Comment faire pour s'inscrire à un tournoi

xiii-Dex

translator gives:

"How to register for a tournament"

I assume he/she is asking how they can enter a tournament.

Defacto

Hi

I am diamond member and I have 1 tournament that I created that is on-going and another one that I created and starts soo.

http://www.chess.com/tournament/join-tdt(free for all to join)

Question:

How many tournaments can I create and run?What is the limit?

xiii-Dex

You or I, as platinum and diamond members, can enter or run as many tournaments at the same time as we can handle. Basic members can only be in one at a time, gold members 10 at a time, and I don't remember about basic/gold rules for running them.

Defacto

Thanks for reply

anwar4me
aamons wrote:

Hi guys,

I'd like to know if time is restricted somehow. I mean if one single game is very slow (e.g. 50 moves x 3 days), this can spoil the joy of hundreds of players. Not to mention vacations...

Thx.

It's a fantastic idea is 50 moves for the whole game and within 3 days (72 hours).

xiii-Dex
rony1990 wrote:
aamons wrote:

Hi guys,

I'd like to know if time is restricted somehow. I mean if one single game is very slow (e.g. 50 moves x 3 days), this can spoil the joy of hundreds of players. Not to mention vacations...

Thx.

It's a fantastic idea is 50 moves for the whole game and within 3 days (72 hours).

how?