Upgrade to Chess.com Premium!

Welcome to the Tournaments Discussion Forum

• 6 years ago · Quote · #141

Tiger-13

go 2009!

• 6 years ago · Quote · #142

A_Berset

Is there any tournament I can enter with a time-out rate of 50 percent??

• 6 years ago · Quote · #143

feedee86

i have a question, if i and somebody else will finish the group with the same number o points, and i have a lower rating than he does, who's gonna go further?

• 6 years ago · Quote · #144

RookSlayer

Hi,

I am new to this site and so far I like it. My question is about having a tournament created for geographical location. Is it possible?

• 6 years ago · Quote · #145

ShiViChess

werqeA_Berset wrote:

Is there any tournament I can enter with a time-out rate of 50 percent??

Yes, some special ones do, and the title will help you with that decision.

• 6 years ago · Quote · #146

scut_fargus

I mistakenly enrolled in two chess.com tournys. One for 1600 - 1800 and then later 1400 - 1600.  My rating now fits 1400 - 1600. Will I be eliminated fron the 1600 - 1800 without showing up twice on the 1400 - 1600.  thanks, scut

• 5 years ago · Quote · #147

artfizz

Would there much appeal in optionally allowing a breathing space (of a day, say) between the end of the first game and the start of the second game -  when the two games are not concurrent?

• 5 years ago · Quote · #148

gumpty

Would it be possible to invite a whole group to a tourney you have created for that group? instead of either having to invite 450 members or constantly delete members who dont read the 'team england only' text and enter mistakenly?

• 5 years ago · Quote · #149

CapCloud

I've got the Women v Men tournament starting over at We Chat Global. I want six women v six men...but I've got seven women in one: is there a way to kick players off the roster before it starts?

Or should I just ask someone to leave?

Cap

• 5 years ago · Quote · #150

Greywolf52

Question on the Quick Knock-Out tournaments.  It specified that your average time per move must be under three hours.  My question is this; does that refer to your current average time per move or does it refer to the average time per move in the tournament?

• 5 years ago · Quote · #151

BlackNight_13

I'm in the 4th Chess.com Quick Knockouts (<1000) tournament in group 5.

There are 3 games left in our group and I'm in all of them. If I win 1 of the games there will be a tie in points and a tie in the tie break. Only one person can advance, so how is it decided?

• 5 years ago · Quote · #152

judgejules7

hi

this may sound like a silly question to anyone reading but i am totally confused with tiebreak in a tourney how does it work as sometimes a player lower can have a higher tie break score .

please help confused   jules Undecided

• 5 years ago · Quote · #153

razorblade12

if there is a tie on points and on tie breaks then both players advance

http://support.chess.com/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=641&nav=0,81

• 5 years ago · Quote · #154

claudelejuen

what ever uis agreed upon I'm happy with - need time to absorb what goes onwihin this group

• 5 years ago · Quote · #155

sebastiansaaveedra

Hi everybody,

I am just creating a Tournament, I would like to set 5 groups to advance 3 members per each one.

The questios is: Can I establish new groups in the second stage or is going to be ones against one another?

Thank a lot 

• 5 years ago · Quote · #156

gbfan41649

you sould not be able to go on extended vacation during a tournament. Some in our tournament went on vacation for a month, lost some games do to time, made a few moves and go back on vacation. holding up the whole tournament and they have no chance to win. rethink the whole vacation thing.

• 5 years ago · Quote · #157

_Tommy

There's a fault in the calculation in the 7th chess.com Tournament 1800-2000 for player Lebeast

how can he get 3.5 points when he won 3 times and 2 draw, in his pairing he also hasn't played 2 draw but only 1

Lebeast (1896) 3-1-2 3.5 8.25

Active

• 5 years ago · Quote · #158

kingforce

ANYONE i have a 800-1500 rated tourny, but it seems ANYONE can join, why is this???

• 5 years ago · Quote · #159

KingStuart

Suggestions:

1) Alternate tiebreak methods would be good such as allowing the lower ranked player to progress in the result of a tie.

2) Also allowing us to choose how many games each player plays against each other as I'd quite like to do a match style knockout tournament where each player plays 8 games against each other with the winner progressing to the next round.

• 5 years ago · Quote · #160

dragon27

This is just an idea...

If we want to view all the upcoming tournaments, it would be easier if there is a tournament option where we can search for tournaments suitable for our rating. Just like how there is an option of find a group by typing a keyword in the All Groups and Teams, there should be an option for tournaments where you can type an particular rating.

Eg. If I type <1500, then all the tournaments below the rating range of 1500 will appear making it easier to find tournaments to join.

Thanks,

dragon27 

Post your reply: