Upgrade to Chess.com Premium!

Welcome to the Tournaments Discussion Forum

• 5 years ago · Quote · #261

Frite_Knight

Why do tournaments have to be so "formal"? Why can't we have for a lack of a better phrase a "street tournament"? Open to all... No rankings... Best of three to move on... Of course, we'll award 1/2 points for stalemates and we can can certainly prepare for even the most unlikely of events... Would anybody here spend twenty-five bucks and two days of their lives to play chess if it were unsanctioned?

• 5 years ago · Quote · #262

kennylyn

how can i join tournaments?

• 5 years ago · Quote · #263

Skand

Click on My Home and then Tournaments. Check out Upcoming Tournaments.

• 5 years ago · Quote · #264

smileative

how do I get this forum OFF my bloody 'forums I have posted' list - it seems to have commandeered top spot, an' I can't get rid of it ! Embarassed

• 5 years ago · Quote · #265

kohai

are you tracking it ?

• 5 years ago · Quote · #266

smileative

nope, but it got some little blue marker stuck next to it Embarassed

• 5 years ago · Quote · #267

kohai

That little blue marker shows this thread is whats called " sticky". It will always appear at the top of the list of threads for the forum topics regardless of whats posted. It shows the same if you look in  the Chess Community forum. The top 4 are 'stuck' threads.

• 5 years ago · Quote · #268

smileative

okayyy Smile how does I UNstick it ? Smile it not like I can scrub it off with white spirit or universal solvent Laughing an' I takes ur word for it, kohai, but I not goin' anywhere near one of these blasted things again Smile

what if I deletes me postin' ?

• 5 years ago · Quote · #269

kohai

Staff and forum moderators can stick a thread in the forums, group admin can stick threads in groups. It will always show at the top regardless sorry.

• 5 years ago · Quote · #270

TheGrobe

I've hesitated to post in this thread lest I befall the same fate as smileative, but I'd like to put forth a suggestion that stuck topics not be kept at the top of the "Topics I am/have..." lists, but rather float in the sort order based on the latest post just like any other topic.

It seems to me that the "Stuck" status is primarily (if not only) relevant when viewing a topic category's main page and that the lists are most useful when sorted strictly by last post date.

When users are contemplating deleting their contributions to get around undesired behaviour then something is clearly not working like it should.

• 5 years ago · Quote · #271

kyska00

Why is my score 18 instead of 19?

• 5 years ago · Quote · #273

rooperi

Kacparov wrote:

no idea. maybe try to refresh.

I dont think that will work, I see the same as he does....

• 5 years ago · Quote · #274

kyska00

I drew my last game in round 2 and now my standing is +19-1=1 score 18.5, so it is not a refresh problem. I'm into round three anyway so it is no big deal, but I'm just curious.

• 5 years ago · Quote · #275

kyska00

If I can't find an answer here any ideas where I can?

• 5 years ago · Quote · #277

smileative

ok, kohai, if I deletes postin's an' it turns out that bloody thread is stuck cos of some group thingy, if I quit group will it then go away ??? /Smile\

• 5 years ago · Quote · #278

JammyH

Hi, sorry if this question has been posted before, but I haven't read the whole thread. Are there any plans to run tournaments with shorter time controls? Say for example five or ten minutes per game? Is it possible to run short tournaments with blitz style time controls? I feel like this would be a popular feature. Cheers!

James

• 5 years ago · Quote · #279

chesschappie

I have been warring(wallyjack's chess war #2) since 25 July, 2009. My opponent,satorichess, has gone on vacation again with 90 minutes on the clock. This is my last game in round 2. It is a win. The tournament is a win. My experience with this tournament is a loss, as folks can just abuse their opponents at will. This is legal, but it is not in the spirit of competition that makes chess a great game. 

Stephen Chapman

• 5 years ago · Quote · #280

10sfriend

This echos some earlier posts about different formats. Would like to see "live chess" tournaments. For instance, could you do 4-round swiss, game in 45?

Post your reply: