Forums

Welcome to the Tournaments Discussion Forum

Sort:
vira_111

If is the first player in tournament removed,elimineted or withdrew where is advance 3 of 6,  is that means that 4.place is 3.; 3.place is 2. and 2. place is first ???

CaptainPike

Can someone please provide me a link that describes how these tournaments work? I'm kinda lost ....

kohai

http://www.chess.com/tournaments/help.html

CaptainPike

Thank you, Kohai!

unohoo

Does Erik still intend to have a live tourney leaderboard?

kohai

Yes hopefully.

BobMumm
jay wrote:

Please use this forum category to post all your ideas/questions/comments/etc about tournaments. We hope you enjoy the new feature...and the new forum!

Please, could you tell me in Matches 25´ + 5´, how many minutes  would be generally the total time game to finish

Max_Irrational

Im sure this topis has already been adressed but...

Just played in a Blitz-Tourney had alread 5 of 6 Games won and the last game was pretty over soon. So while waiting I opend another Firefox-Window and started to post something in a forum. Well got pretty much sucked in and did not realize, that match 7 started.

Got kicked out of Tourney and Match after half of the time... Well as you can imagine - I was very very angry... - even with my 5 of 7 i probably would have get a trophy...

I understand that you want to protect the integrity of the game and the enjoyment of the other players with this policy. But men it cant really be that hard, to implement a warning signal, when I miss my move for 20% of the match time. And in case of blitz and faster tournaments I think the other players would not mind, to wait 5min to get a point and to have the other player kicked out of the tournament.

And a player that got kicked out should be able to get a trophy, when his ranking during the tourney was high enough... He has proven something! You know!

So that was just my litte black pawn. Have fun guys and think about it ;-)

BobMumm
Thanks, but I was looking for this topic in all the posts and there isn´t any comment about my question

Please, could you tell me in Matches 25´ + 5´, how many minutes  would be generally the total time game to finish

kshc027

Great online chess tournaments!

musicosalieri

Hi and good luck to everyone at this tournament!

I have a doubt about it....could anyone explain me how the tiebreak works?

Thanks

musicosalieri
[COMMENT DELETED]
amberstone43

Tie-Brakes rules are very complicated. Its nearly unpossible to calculate.

In my tournament -new kid on the block- i found out the slow player will given advantages.

Because the start very late und setting on last ranking. So the play mostly from lower rank to

higher rank. In such a way the earning more points. I made this experience as a quick response player,

because i made 21/22 games with 1-open game 12W-9L-0D with 81_TBpoints. The late starter and very slow

Player has just 7/22 games with 15-open games 5W-2L-0D with 50_TBpoints. So slow player earning from

lower ranking and control all other and let them waiting over months to come ready with tournament.

Hat can be chess-like. It should be in the opposite way, quick-response player should have bonus-point.

Therefore the Tie-Brake rules are very unfair and not to understand with her hidden calculation.

Scottrf

You are wrong Andreas.

Tie break points update with each completed game, so it makes no difference when the games are completed.

amberstone43

If you with full intention slow and longwaiting tactic you will be on longwaiting rank. Then you earn more points because you play mostly against higher rank player. At my first tournament -new kid on theblock-

12-player we started 6-weeks ago nearly all player finished but only 2-player controls the whole field.

My results of 21/22 games 12W-9L-0D, 84TB-points. 1-open game, rank-4 as a quick-response player.

Player dracksdman 8/22 games 6W-2L-0D, 51TB-points. 14-open games now rank-10 as very slow player.

He play mostly against higher ranking player so he earns more TB-points as all the other. Hat can no alright.

It has to be in the opposite way quick-response should have higher points. So the very complicated calcula-

tion is hidden unfair Rule and to becorrected. It is a rule for timewasting player.

Scottrf

Have a look at the tie break points after all games are completed.

Yours will increase as other games in your group are completed.

It makes no difference when games are finished.

musicosalieri

Thanks for your explanations but finally I found out how tie breaks works in the tournament´s rules. It´s true that It´s not easy to manage it although I think now I have a better knowledge about them.

Any way thanks and good luck!

DW_55

Can someone tell me why i cannot start an inlimited participant tourney...the most it allows for me is 99...thx in advance

Dharma_Bum37

what can you do about a guy that uses 71 hours per move in a 3 day move tourney... also, his timer said 1 hour when i went to sleep and when i woke he had 16 hours left? how does that happen? its sooo anoying

chessmasternitin

how does ur rating system works. it goes from950 to 980 when i win and it reduces when i loose.