Forums

Withdrawing from a tournament

Sort:
TeamDan

I'm in a tournament where we are all waiting on one guy to finish his games.  He makes a move every five days, and still has three games remaining out of four after nearly 8 months of the first round.  Needless to say, I am growing impatient.

Is my rating affected at all if I withdraw from a tournament?  Or is it consequence free if I have no games remaining from the current round?

DVD_Recorder

Your rating wont be affected since you have finished all of your games in the current round.

errong11211029

Laughinghi, DVD Reader: Does that mean you don't have to do anything to withdraw from a tournament when you are waiting for the next round?

DVD_Recorder

You just have to click the withdraw button.

errong11211029

I just withdrew from a tournament but was considered "lost" to all the ten games when the second round started! Could the manager of this tournament correct this mistake?!

errong11211029

My rating dropped more than 150 because of my withdrawal from a tournament before its second round started. How can I let the manager of this tournament know this?

EternalChess

The manager won't do any good (he is a regular player, and has no effect on pairings/etc). Contact Kohai or Help & Support at the bottom of this page.

According to rules, you can withdraw before second round starts.. I have no idea why you were handed losses in the second round.