11958 Players currently online!
Man vs. Machine - good luck!
Turn-based games at any time!
Vote for the best move to win!
Do you have what it takes?
Sharpen your tactical vision!
Get advice and game insights!
Learn from top players & pros!
View millions of master games!
Your virtual chess coach!
Perfect your opening moves!
Test your skills vs. computer!
Find the right private coach!
Can you solve it each day?
Bring it all together!
Beginners, start here!
Make friends & play team games!
News from the world of chess!
Search all Chess.com members!
Find local clubs & events!
Who's the best of your friends?
Read what members are saying!
Here is the Official Ladder Tournament thread for this group:
The ORIGINAL ladder order (no longer posted) is based on seniority in the group (the order you joined). Whenever we get a new member, I will include them at the bottom of the ladder. The CURRENT ladder order (spread out over the next few posts) is based on the results of games played in the tournament.
If you wish to opt out of this tournament (i.e. you do not want to be bothered with challenges, or whatever) simply let me know, and I will move your name to the bottom with a note that you are Not Available (n/a).
1. The goal is to climb the ladder as high as you can. So you may only challenge someone higher on the ladder than yourself, or accept a challenge from someone lower on the ladder than yourself.
2. To be considered part of this tournament, the game must be clearly labeled as a part of this specific ladder. The challenge and the results should also be posted in this thread so that other members know who is available for challenging, and who is not.
3. You may only play in ONE ladder game at a time. Courtesy would dictate that if you just completed a game in which you issued the challenge to someone higher than you, you should give someone lower than you the chance to challenge you before issuing another challenge. If no one challenges you after a couple days, feel free to challenge again.
4. The challenge must be from the original starting position, and have color assigned randomly. All other variables are at the discretion of the two players, but some agreement must be reached. If a player simply refuses to accept a challenge on any terms, they will be placed at the bottom as unavailable (please let me know if that happens - you may need to send them a message first to get around their settings). The games may be unrated.
5. If the player on the higher rung wins, there is no change to the ladder.
6. If the player on lower rung wins, that player now occupies the rung formerly held by the higher player. The higher player and all players between them slide down one spot as a result.
7. In case of a draw, the player on the higher rung maintains his position, and the lower player moves to the rung just below the higher player. All players between them slide down one spot as a result.
8. You may only challenge someone up to 10% higher on the ladder than yourself. So if we ever get up to 100 members (including those who have opted out of this ladder tournament), then you can challenge someone 10 rungs higher than you. At 90, you can challenge someone 9 rungs higher than you, etc.
I think that covers everything. If you have any questions, comments, or suggestions, feel free to post them here.
Challenges in progress (4):
#28 Aldrin vs #23 Snail (14 days)
#17 DrPhil vs #15 1709314 (10 days)
#58 XavierPadilla vs #52 lossamouille (7 days)
#11 Humean vs #5 Hollander (14 days)
Completed Games (17):
#22 goochy vs #20 Graybeard (3 days) - Greybeard wins by submission (move 29)
#16 canti vs #13 Rlacroix (14 days) - Canti wins by knockout (move 37)
#35 Humean vs #33 jubilousfire (14 days) - Humean wins by timeout (move 4)
#5 Hollander vs #3 wormrose (10 days) - Wormrose wins by timeout (move 15)
#31 Aldrin vs #29 DarthSidious007 (5 days) - Aldrin wins by knockout (move 29)
#41 papergod vs #37 dontnoodle (3 days) - dontnoodle wins by timeout (move 11)
#2 sahope vs #1 Billium248 (10 days) - sahope wins by timeout (move 5)
#49 DrPhil vs #43 boston02 (10 days) - DrPhil wins by submission (move 16)
#57 culleto vs #56 oma04121985 (3 days) - oma04121985 wins by timeout (move 22)
#32 Humean vs #25 redsheep77 (14 days) - Humean wins by submission (move 17)
#43 DrPhil vs #36 tooeasy1 (10 days) - tooeasy1 wins by knockout (move 12)
#12 canti vs #8 ELIK52 (14 days) - canti wins by submission (move 34)
#49 liammor vs #44 dave_c (5 days) - liammor wins by knockout (move 57)
#20 Humean vs #17 1709314 (14 days) - 1709314 wins by submission (move 44)
#37 DrPhil vs #34 ches1er (10 days) - DrPhil wins by knockout (move 29)
#20 Humean vs #13 RLacroix (14 days) - Humean wins by knockout (move 32)
#74 fr0z3nshad3 vs #67 Yellowhippo (5 days) - fr0z3nshad3 wins by submission (move 29)
Please add me to the ladder. Thanks.
you can add me to the ladder aswell, thanks
pls add me to the ladder soon
Nice to see so many people wanting to get into the Ladder. It is now up-to-date. Challenge Away!!
what do I do if I want to challenge someone? I would like to challenge greybeard, I do I go about doing this?
Just send him a challenge the same way you would challenge anyone else on Chess.com. But instead of calling the game, "Let's Play." Make sure you put "Chess Turtles" and "Ladder" somewhere in the title, and let us know in this thread when the challenge has been accepted.
Ok thanks, I'll let you know
Attention! The ladder challenge between Goochy vs Greybeard is on.
hay, could you put me no this board please, thanks
I was suprised to see my name on the ladder without having sent any message.I don't want to join the ladder yet.
The Ladder is now up-to-date again.
I would also like to get on the ladder please and thanks........oh I see myself now I guess I will challenge RLacroix then.
I have challenged RLacroix for his position at number 13. Come on lucky 13!
The Ladder is now up-to-date to the best of my knowledge. If there are any other games in progress that I'm not aware of yet, please let me know.
4 down. 1 to go.
DarthSidious007 (#31) vs. Aldrin (#33)
please put me on the ladder
canti has won with white against RLacroix for the number 13 position.
The Chess Turtles
2013 Michigan Wolverines Custom Trophy Tournament Series
by Billium248 21 months ago
The Chess Turtle Ladder Tournament Part 2
by XavierPadilla 3 years ago
The Dark Knight Rises Custom Tournament
by Billium248 3 years ago
Official Pace Car
by Ziggyblitz 4 years ago
Fritz still wants you
by Snoopy69 4 years ago
any new games here?
by DrPhil 4 years ago
The Chess Turtles Ladder Tournament
by Billium248 4 years ago
Time for a new turtle tounament?
Longest chess.com game by a turtle
by CabassoG 5 years ago
I'm new to groups, help?
by wormrose 5 years ago
Why Join | Chess Topics |
Help & Support |
© 2015 Chess.com
• Chess - English
We are working hard to make Chess.com available in over 70 languages. Check back over the year as we develop the technology to add more, and we will try our best to notify you when your language is ready for translating!