17458 Players currently online!
Man vs. Machine - good luck!
Turn-based games at any time!
Vote for the best move to win!
Do you have what it takes?
Sharpen your tactical vision!
Get advice and game insights!
Learn from top players & pros!
View millions of master games!
Your virtual chess coach!
Perfect your opening moves!
Test your skills vs. computer!
Find the right private coach!
Can you solve it each day?
Bring it all together!
Beginners, start here!
Make friends & play team games!
News from the world of chess!
Search all Chess.com members!
Find local clubs & events!
Who's the best of your friends?
Read what members are saying!
○ The blunders are all there on the board, waiting to be made. - Tartakover
○ When the chess game is over, the pawn and the king go back to the same box - Irish saying contributed by Etienne Goldstein
○ Every chess master was once a beginner. - Chernev
○ A chess game is divided into three stages: the first, when you hope you have the advantage, the second when you believe you have an advantage, and the third... when you know you're going to lose! - Tartakower
○ Play the opening like a book, the middle game like a magician, and the endgame like a machine. - Spielmann
○ The tactician knows what to do when there is something to do; whereas the strategian knows what to do when there is nothing to do. - Gerald Abrahams
○ It's always better to sacrifice your opponent's men. - Tartakover
○ Even a poor plan is better than no plan at all. - Mikhail Chigorin
Why Join | Chess Topics |
Help & Support |
© 2015 Chess.com
• Chess - English
We are working hard to make Chess.com available in over 70 languages. Check back over the year as we develop the technology to add more, and we will try our best to notify you when your language is ready for translating!