14247 Players currently online!
Man vs. Machine - good luck!
Turn-based games at any time!
Vote for the best move to win!
Do you have what it takes?
Backgammon, Yatzy, and more!
Sharpen your tactical vision!
Get advice and game insights!
Learn from top players & pros!
View millions of master games!
Your virtual chess coach!
Perfect your opening moves!
Test your skills vs. computer!
Find the right private coach!
Can you solve it each day?
Bring it all together!
Beginners, start here!
Make friends & play team games!
News from the world of chess!
Search all Chess.com members!
Find local clubs & events!
Who's the best of your friends?
Read what members are saying!
Denver, United States
Submitted by DanielleRice on September 27, 2012 at 11:09 PM.
Hikaru Nakamura, whose stepdad is well regarded chess trainer Sunil Weremantry, rarely loses a game in such a fashion in a major event like this. In this game against Chinese GM Wang Hao played some interesting middlegame play. I thought the analysis...Read more »
posted in DanielleRice's Blog
958 reads |
I play infrequently in OTB play at the Denver Chess Club and Colorado tournaments, preferring to play in large multi-day national events outside my state (I am a Sabbath observor and cannot handle a digital clock nor write my moves from sundown Friday evening until after sundown Saturday evening). Besides chess, I enjoy Golf, White-Water River Rafting (down the Arkansas and Yampa rivers here in Colorado http://www.coloradorafting.net/#about-rafting/video-gallery) and downhill skiing (usually you will catch me racing down the moguls on Mary Jane at Colorado's Winter Park resort during the Winter months).
My philosophy regarding online blitz:
- I will not ask for takebacks -- I do not give takebacks. Sorry...It's blitz baby!
- I realize there are mouseslips - that's why God gave us a "RESIGN" button.
- Generally my most brilliant moves are indistinguishable from my mouseslips
- I don't think there's ever a reason to get abusive and I think it's unfair to disconnect when getting trounced
- I don't expect the same from you because you probably have a psychotic obsession with rating points
- "It is one of the insights of modern players, and especially of the best ones, that one has to play the position itself, not some abstract idea of the position." John Watson, Secrets of Modern Chess Strategy, 1998
My philosophy in life:
Forest Gump got it all wrong...Life isn't like a box of chocolates.... it's like a jar of jalepenos. What you do today may burn your bottom tomorrow!
FIDE Rating is here:
Why Join | Chess Topics |
Help & Support |
© 2015 Chess.com
• Chess - English
We are working hard to make Chess.com available in over 70 languages. Check back over the year as we develop the technology to add more, and we will try our best to notify you when your language is ready for translating!