Let’s go back in time to February 2011, only a few months after launching the Official Chess.com/TV Group, when we held our first Internal Tournament. The prizes were directly related to Chess.com/TV and, just recently, two of those prizes were awarded. You may have caught the broadcasts!
We’d like to formally congratulate our proud “Internal Tourney” winners:
- 1st-place winner, FM Kacparov, will get to play 1 hour of LIVE Chess against his favorite host, with analysis of those games. That show will be aired some time soon. Looking forward to the excitement!
- 2nd-place winner, megillk, guest-hosted “Pardon our Blunders” alongside IM David Pruess! He did a very good job, both at hosting and having created all but one topic for the show J
- 3rd-place winner, Cruiseylee, had his game analyzed by GM Magesh Panchanathan on a recent episode of Your Games Analyzed. Nice game, Cruisey!
Talk about great prizes, and impressive wins!
Well, for 2013, we’ve decided to launch not just ONE tournament—but TWO!!! What we’re doing is opening up registration to standing Chess.com/TV Group members first. You guys and gals get first dibs! If we don’t get the kind of turn out we expect by Friday, Jan. 18th, we’ll be opening registration to the full site for an influx of new members to join the tournament as of Saturday, Jan 19th at 12am.
Both tournaments kick off on February 1st (12am PST) and will run simultaneously, each one broken down by rating, keeping skill levels competitive so participants won’t be unfairly dominated within their groups! What’s even better is each tournament’s winners will get the same three prizes! That’s 9 prizes in all! So, with that said…
Here are the tournaments’ ratings and links to join:
2013 Internal Tourney 1: Rating = 1601-2000
2013 Internal Tourney 2: Rating = 1201-1600
Prizes for EACH tournament:
- 1st place: One hour of blitz w/analysis with your favorite Host
- 2nd place: Guest Hosting Pardon our Blunders
- 3rd place: Free Your Games Analyzed analysis
These are the basic rules for all 2013 Tournaments:
- All member levels allowed
- 100 people/tourney
- 3 days/move
- NO VACATION TIME!!!
- 5 people per group
- 1 person per group advances
- 2 simultaneous games played against each opponent
- Tie-breaker system allowed
- Max 10% timeouts
Please keep in mind that the rules are concrete. If you time-out, you forfeit your game. No exceptions.
The only restriction in being able to participate in these tournaments is simple: you have to be a member of the Official Chess.com/TV Group, and must remain a member for the duration of the tournament.
As stated, there is a 100-player cutoff for each tournament, so it’s “first come first serve!” At the time of this posting, the group member count is 724, so…
IF YOU WANT TO PLAY!!!
SIGN UP NOW!
So, there you have it, people! GREAT group! GREAT broadcasts! GREAT hosts! And now even more opportunity to win GREAT prizes! BUT you’ve “got to be in it to win it!”
The Chess.com/TV Group Admin Team