Welcome Dragon "Slayers", Najdorf "Demolishers", and Taimanov "Tyrants"!!! :) This group, designed specifically for Chess.com University's second course -- "Don't Fear the Sicilian", has been created just for you! Many chess players spend their entire careers avoiding the main lines of the Open Sicilian... But not you, not after today...
Even some very strong players would rather "jump" from one Anti-Sicilian to another, reinventing the wheel as many times as necessary to convince themselves that "they are actually achieving some kind of advantage as white against the Sicilian". However, I am here to tell you that whether you are currently playing the Grand Prix Attack, The Closed Sicilian, the Smith Morra, or the Alapin (or any others) you are NOT achieving the best possible positions white has available...
"But I just can't play against the Najdorf, Dragon, Taimanov, Sveshnikov, and whatever other 'ov' the Sicilian might throw my way. Just too much theory..." Well, you have been right to be scared up to now. The Sicilian (along with 1...e5) is played by more Grand Masters and other chess professionals than any other opening for a reason. It is aggressive, dynamic, challenging, and most of all flexible. The Sicilian is even the reason some players won't even play 1.e4...
I was once in your shoes. I am here to show you the light at the end of the tunnel. Now, you can take the blue pill -- and none of this ever happened :) Or, you can sign up today for Danny Rensch's (that's me btw) "Don't Fear the Sicilian" -- Chess.com University -- and I will show you just how far down the rabbit hole goes, until we are knocking on the door of "English Attack" mastery!!!\
COURSE DESCRIPTION and LOGISTICS:
- Introduction. Why most players fear the Sicilians;
- Good games; key questions; 1st homework assignment
- English Attack against the Najdorf #1 --e6 variations
- English Attack against the Najdorf #2 --e5 variations
- English Attack against the Najdorf #3 --Ng4 variations NOTE: Najdorf may be extended into more videos.
- Classical Sicilian
- Taimanov; 2nd homework assignment
- More of my own games against the Sicilians
- Your Games Analyzed from Homework assignments #1 and #2
- Yugoslav Attack 9.0-0-0
- Acc Dragon -- 9.Bc4 Yugo Update and Maroczy Bind
- Recommended repertoire against Kan and Sveshnikov -- Assignments and recommendations about how to approach those “non English Attack” Sicilians...
- 12 Week Course
- Each Seminar will take place on Friday at 1pm Pac (USA) Time
- Minimum # of Students required for Course Activation - 20 Registrants. Course closed at 30 Registrants.
- Student level: should be at one of these levels: echess 1800-2400; live 1400-2000; uscf 1600-2200
- Course scheduled start date - August 13th
- $225 for the complete 12 week course. $202.50 (10% off) to yearly Diamond Members. 10% discount also available to anyone joining their first Chess.com University Course.
To register, send an "invitation request" to either Daniel Rensch (ACEChess) or David Pruess (dpruess). After completing the registration and payment process, you will be invited to join the "Don't Fear the Sicilian" private group and message boards.
Thanks to all!
Here are a couple games I played in the English Attack. Just a little taste to keep the kids happy!! Enjoy...