Kasparov Book Signing And Simul In New York

• SonofPearl
  • on 9/26/08, 12:10 AM.

Calling all chess fans in the Big Apple! On Friday September 26th at 5pm former World Chess Champion Garry Kasparov (pictured) will be signing copies of his book How Life Imitates Chess at the Penn Station Borders store in New York.  If you ask nicely he'll probably sign other books he has authored as well!

Then, on Sunday 28th September, Kasparov will be lending his support to the Harlem Children's Zone by giving a 20-board simultaneous exhibition in the HCZ Community Center, 35 East 125th Street.  There are a number of other chess events taking place on the day for both children and adults between 10am and 5pm.  Kasparov will be representing his charitable organisation, the Kasparov Chess Foundation, which promotes the educational benefits of teaching chesss in schools in the US.  See the full press release here.

One Vote

Comments

paquitodiaz

er..... is Mr kasparov dealing about financial lose in US economy ?

figrock

thank you Garry...We honestly miss you! You're my inspiration..!

ClamPounder

Hmm, that's about a 30 minute train ride....maybe I'll go see Mr. Kasparov play.

rfs

Garry Kasparov- Still the most exciting chess supergenius of our time. Nobody even Topalov, Anand and Kramnik can be better against Kasparov. Although the world is watching the rise of young kid Magnus Carlsen in the future world championship, the phenomenal boy is still have a lot to learn to reach the level of Garry Kasparov.

leopov

kasparov genios!!!!!!! wonderful play!!!!!!!!!!!! super garry kasparov

sramone

Got it!

Dmaster995

Ok.

SonofPearl

csg - thanks very much for the correction!  I blame Mig's Daily Dirt! WinkEmbarassed

Ferdyrojo

How about Argentina and Chile? Kasparov's books have been translated to Spanish as well!

csg

FYI - I think the info here might be incorrect.  Not Barnes and Noble, but rather Borders book store.  http://www.bordersstores.com/stores/store_pg.jsp?storeID=582

eddiewsox

I wish he'd come to Chicago. My cousin got to play Petrosian in a simultaneous exhibition.

staggerlee

Wow I wish I could be there!

Sothilde

In my opinion the book was nice read, but the whole idea around it seems a bit artificial.

Osi

I´m reading it right now, it´s a inspiring book!

cruzfranzenrico

I have read his book and I must say that it is excellent! Hope he visits the Philippines soon!