The Way Forward

• richkitch
  • on 11/23/10, 12:22 PM.

Hi Everyone

Follow on from Mark's remarks in the notes i totally understand his frustration at keeping playing for Dorset against opponents who are of higher rank,When i look for matches to play friendlys one of the things i look at is the average rating of the opponents, We do need some of are higher rank players to join in sometimes.

I have build this side squad to 28 over the past couple of months with the county championship in mind, At the moment we would be in group A for teams with more than 26 members, but if we are to compete in this group we need most of us to play in the matches as some of the counties we play have twice the size of are squad.

If you are not interested in playing in the county championship matches please could you let me know, I am willing to set up another Dorset Team for players who don't want to join in the county championship.i need to know so that we in the right group for the start of the champioship.

On another note am i setting up too many friendly matches and do you want some vote chess matches. Any other ideas would be most grateful as well.

Richard.

0 votes

Comments

ruboutman

Hi there,ruboutman here.Have very much enjoyed playing for team dorset but sometimes experience difficulties in getting online due to no net access at home plus work etc.I am doing my best but lose games on out of time scenarios.any ideas? On the playing higher grades i welcome this as you learn quite a bit from these players and i recently beat a player in the 1800's which felt great and this is why i love chess.thanks for listening and a merry christmas to all of team DORSET.

RedKnightskewered

I'm the new boy here........so a little confused as to which county group I have joined...........Somerset or Dorset? Please advise.

BlueEyedKila

I've been slacking recently, but i'm game for the very jaws of death himself.

MarkFrost

Willing to play - if we can field a good representative sample of our available talent.

Ravenclawz

hi sounds good bit confused you are you playing for cambridge or dorset ?

if you still doing cambridge team then i am interested