Okay, I have received more clarification on the rules. I have accepted the invite from linksspringer and hope we can put together a good showing in the tournament. Here it is
This is to invite your group French Defense Fanatics to a new initiative in Team Vote Chess, the Vote Chess Masters Tournament.
We (the Vote Chess League) are gathering 14 of the very best teams in Vote Chess in terms of quality of team work and results, to decide who are the true Masters of Vote Chess!
We are very excited about this competition. Would you please put this to your group and let us know if your team will take part so that we can start as soon as possible!
This tournament is by invite only, but I would like to draw your attention to the Open Swiss tournament as well:
Below you will find the format of the competition. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask!
- In the first round, the tournament is divided into 2 groups of 7.
- Each team in a group plays one game against the other teams, for 6 games in total. Three games with white and three games with black.
- The 6 games are played at the same time, but should be started at different days of the week.
- Playing tempo is 2 days / move.
- A win is awarded 1 point, a draw 1/2 and a loss 0. In case of a tie, tiebreaker points as in chess.com tournaments decide.
- The 2 winners of the groups play a 2 game second round, played at the same time, 2 days / move. In case of a tie, the 2 winners are declared joint champions.
- Players who are a member of more than one team, are strongly encouraged to play all games of the tournament with the same team.