Xtreme Chess Championships Finale

• SonofPearl
  • on 4/29/12, 4:19 AM.

The finale of the Xtreme Chess Championships is now available to view - see below.  13-year-old Justus Williams played Stanford student Elliott Liu, 22.

All the previous episodes are also available (one, two and three).

See also Danny Rensch's previous blogs about the format here and here.

Left to right (Elliot Liu, Kacie Marie, Jennifer Shahade, Jonathan Corbblah, Greg Shahade, Justus Williams)

Xtreme Chess Champs final.jpg

5 votes

Comments

bearhugger

This chick is so annoying. I think she may be retarted. Shoot me- these people half the time don't know what they're talking about.

AllogenicMan

So the 'champ' gets to go all the way to Italy for a time forfeit 'win'![?] - 'good show!' ... What a 'suck-arse' ending! (besides that missed 'mate-in-one' by Elliot! ... )

I believe the increment setting [at 5 seconds/move] was way too low for the final event there; perhaps I'm wrong, but I only feel that a chess match shouldn't allow to be resolved as such, but what can you do? - especially when you could've had 'that annoying Jennifer[!]' refereeing the game, 'live'! ...

And that's the way I see it! ...

goutham32kog

why is that girl semi dancing while talking.....looks like she have some sort of psychological disorder

MrMars

can you just leave it on the chess board? i mean the 2-d one where we, THE VIEWERS, can watch the game?

Watching them play from an angle that I can not see the board does me no good at all.

chessmaster102

how do i get the pgn of the actual games played

chessmaster102

man i saw tht mate in like 4sec elliot really should have won the first one although i was rooting 4 justus

dragunr1

...playing like this? never.

And the commentators seem used to soccer games, rather.

TacticalKnightmare

The young phenom is a beast and he hates losing!  Justus Williams will be competing for a World Title some day!

InexperiencedExpert

GOD THAT COMMENTATOR IS SO ANNOYING!!!

Lawdoginator

Congratulations Elliott! I can't believe he missed a mate in one but still came back to win.

Ironknight777

Extremely interesting clip.

Kacie Marie, Jennifer Shahade r hot.